jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What's are your best methods to get your small child to go to sleep?

1. Chen Suen profile image73
    Chen Suenposted 5 years ago

What's are your best methods to get your small child to go to sleep?

It is always a battle to get our child to sleep.  We've employed all sorts of methods.  What are some of the ones you use that work?

2. sassydee profile image70
    sassydeeposted 5 years ago

drive around the block a few times with some soft music playing on the radio!

Chen Suenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think I remember when my mom used to do that to me when I was young.  Thanks for the reminder and great idea!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

First I made sure that there was no sugar or caffeine, or Red 40 in their diet - it will make them hyperactive.

Then my method (as unpopular as it is) was to lay down with them and hold them until they slept. They felt safe, warm, loved and faded right off.

When they got older I had no problem getting them to sleep without laying down with them.  We had a school night routine and off they went the could read for a few minutes then good night baby girls.

Chen Suenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for writing.  We quickly learned this past weekend about the sugar high.  We gave him a sip of soda for the first time ever and he was bouncing off the walls.  It will never happen again.  Thanks for the info!

working