jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it wise to include infographics in hubs?

1. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

Is it wise to include infographics in hubs?

what are some of the top uses for infographics in content writing?

2. jacobkuttyta profile image75
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

Yes it is a wise idea to put infographics in the hub as it will help the reader to understand the content easily.

3. eHealer profile image86
    eHealerposted 5 years ago

I was told that my infographics would not be picked up by google's search engines and the words would not be used to help people find the information in the article, which makes perfect sense. Although if you're not looking for traffic, the graphics are really beautiful and helpful to organization. Perhaps the text can be inserted into the article seamlessly and still be presented.

4. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 5 years ago

I think they can be very useful in helping explain statistics etc in the text, and provide a quick piece of visual information that can tell the reader at a quick glance what the text is about.

I would avoid using anything too complicated though, as I have found some things too hard to read on my small laptop screen, and anything with too much information in can be a distraction from the main article. That's my opinion, anyway smile

As eHealer says, text in the graphic is not searchable, so not much use in terms of traffic, but a well-phrased caption can help there.

5. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

Most people learn visually so having graphical displays along with textual instructions only makes sense.  There has been a lot of huff and puff lately about what Matt Cutts has said about targeting the misuse or overuse of some infographics but I wouldn't worry too much if your infographics are on target and related to your hub.  Infographics are images and the text that is placed on them will not be crawled or indexed on the search engines.  The keywords or captions will be.  Best use is to place a relevant infographic inside a hub and then Pin it and then Tweet the Pin.  Don't just tweet the link to the Pin, use hashtags that are related to your topic.  Twitter and Pinterest are used as search tools so as long as they are found there, Google cannot do much to penalize you.

working