jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone else seem to notice a drop in earnings for the first few days after publi

1. Amber522 profile image89
    Amber522posted 5 years ago

Anyone else seem to notice a drop in earnings for the first few days after publishing a new hub?

It may just be coincidence, but every time I've published a new hub (I only have 32) my earnings seem to drop to nearly half of my usual for about 3 days after and then suddenly shoot back up to normal or even well above my average. Just curious if this is the case or just a coincidence. It almost makes me dread publishing a new hub.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I think some of it is that they are behind in adding earnings, sometimes for as along as a week. HP usually leaves a message at the top of your account page. Once you are credited all of your earnings, that is when you see the big jump. They may be behind for days in even leaving message that they are behind. Easiest way to detect this is to watch earnings, if they do not change day after day, then HP is probably behind.

3. Gail Meyers profile image88
    Gail Meyersposted 5 years ago

I have never noticed that, Amber522.  I do think Linda is right regarding HP being behind.  Mine was just credited an hour or so ago for the last day or two.

4. CJWood71 profile image85
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

I have never noticed my earnings dropping right after publishing a new hub, although I think Gail and Linda are right about hubpages being behind on updating the earnings.

If you go to your account and look at your earnings and hub stats, click on the earnings link on top the screen and then click on earnings report.  This will show you the last seven days and you will be able to see if the last day or two have been added up yet.  I always check this whenever my earnings do not go up for a day or two.  I hope this was of some help.

5. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I haven't noticed with earnings going down, but my hub profile score goes down when I publish a hub.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed the same thing when I publish new hub, and the more I do on HP, the score drops as well. But I believe our HP profile score has nothing to do with earnings.

working