jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do People Actually Make Money on Hubpages and if so...How?

1. William Young profile image61
    William Youngposted 5 years ago

Do People Actually Make Money on Hubpages and if so...How?

I seem to have a Google Adsense Account. I'm able to create ad units, but Google is saying before they can give final approval of my account I have to paste an ad code onto my hubpages site. But there doesn't seem to be anyplace to paste HTML codes on Hubpages, and I read somewhere that pasting these codes is not necessary on Hubpages. There ARE both image and text Google Ads on my hubs, but I'm not making any money thus far. I have a paypal account also. Can someone tell me how you go about getting this done to get paid for Ads?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

William: Go to the learning center on HP.  Then scroll down to affilate programs.  There are 3 articles about Adsense.  If you have already been approved, you go to your account and click on earnings and scroll down to affiliate external settings. You will see Google Adsense. Click on configure and you will have to put in your Adsense publisher ID which is usually something like this: Publisher ID: DB9933959596969939....  It is long.  Just don't leave the words Publisher ID with the rest of it.

You will earn from HP earnings program once Adsense is set up. But you need 100 bucks earned before Adsense pays you, and it is usually a penny or two every now and then. They have a bad rep for shutting you down when you get close to payout cause if they shut you down, they keep your money.

1. William Young profile image61
      William Youngposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Linda,
      The problem I'm having is that Google Adsense is telling me I need to paste the HTML "Ad Code" onto my Hubpages page, but apparently there's no place on Hubpages to paste that. Google won't approve me until I do that--what do I do?

3. Doodlehead profile image79
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

Go to the settings tab on the left.   There should appear a page giving you the options to configure Ebay, Google Adsense, Hubpages, and Google Analytics.   There are more detailed directions on each of those configuration pages.   

You are not alone.

4. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

You need to add your Google Adsense publisher ID to your Hubpages account.  Once this is done Adsense ads should automatically appear on your hubs. If you sign up for the Hubpages earning program then most of your Adsense earnings will be implemented into your Hubpages account (so don't expect to see many earnings on Adsense, they will be here on Hubpages instead).

5. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 5 years ago

I signed up and did what I was supposed to do in the beginning - over 2 years ago. Each month I kind of laugh when it says I've earned $1.82 or something like that. However, I don't even know where that pitiful amount goes. It's never shown up in my paypal account.
    I think if you write a lot of hubs about comercial products, there is a potential to make some money. I'm not really sure.
    Good question.

working