jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you select "Best Answer" on all your questions? Why or why not?

1. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Do you select "Best Answer" on all your questions? Why or why not?

Many people don't know that there is a hub accolade for having your answer selected as the best answer. I was just curious to see how many people who asks questions, take the time to select the best answer.

2. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yes, periodically I will go through my questions to see if there is either a good answer, or answers have stopped coming in. I then pick the answer that best answers my question.

I think there are probably more questions that don't have a best answer vs those that do, but I still managed to get 10 best answer selections, which made me smile.

Perhaps there should be a notification after a week or so to the question asker, that they have not selected a best answer/

3. bubba-math profile image60
    bubba-mathposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I like several answer the best I don't want to favor anyone, or give a casual viewer the impression that I have stamped my seal of approval on only one "correct" answer.

I am aware there is a badge for getting awarded many "Best Answers" but I don't feel like I am cheating anyone out of anything if I deem that no answer is "the best." I want to be fair, not play accolade games. The accolades do not really mean anything anyway, they are just frills to keep some people more engaged on HubPages.  I would strive to provide a good answer even if there were not badges for it, I assume most people would too.

The main benefit in answering questions is to gain more exposure.  I hope that someone reading my measured response thinks "Hey, that Bubba-Math is an all-right guy, I think I'll read some of his hubs!"

4. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

I will choose a best answer if one is possible. I do not like to judge opinion questions because everybody is entitled to their ideas.
    There has been one our two questions that did not get answered clearly and I did not choose a  best answer.
    I like to choose a best answer whenever possible because I know some people want the Best Answer Accolade and that is not an easy one to earn.

5. sharingknowledge profile image72
    sharingknowledgeposted 5 years ago

This is what i am yet to know. It too bothers me and i would like to select the best answer for all my questions.