jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you show links to resources you used when you write an article?

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

Do you show links to resources you used when you write an article?

How important is this element to your article's credibility?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

Sometimes.  I usually provide backlinks in my article to the site where I got the information. I use a resource list if I quote word for word, or if my wording could be considered plagerism.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I do if I am quoting specific numbers or quotes. I will also provide backlinks when appropriate. Often I just name the Source and let people look it up for themselves. Often, a source you use will provide many bits of information, that are not all in a row. Therefore, providing a link is useless. Naming the source, without the link, will allow the readers the opportunity to check it out. For instance, if I am quoting a federal statute, I will give the link to the proper citation. If I am just talking about federal law, I might just say  multiple editions of the federal register or whatever.

4. StandingJaguar profile image79
    StandingJaguarposted 5 years ago

I sometimes include at the end of the article a section "More Resources" or "Further Reading", with links to quality articles I know of that speak more on the subject, even if I didn't "quote" it in my own article. I don't see anything wrong with directing interested people in the right direction. If appropriate, I will also have links to my other hubs on the subject.