jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Please write an article on your favorite Philippine foods.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image87
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

Please write an article on your favorite Philippine foods.

It'd be great to get your thoughts on the local food you discover while living abroad.

2. profile image50
    roaljheyposted 7 years ago

we have different kinds of food here in the Philippines, one of them is "isaw" this a food that we usually eat along the street or we call them street food.

3. alexisrabaca profile image55
    alexisrabacaposted 7 years ago

I posted several recipes here, don't worry, there are lots actually tons of recipes from here that is tasty and delectable.. I'll post it soon

4. ambee12 profile image80
    ambee12posted 7 years ago

My favourite is the flan custard.  I will post the recipe.

5. J@ps profile image78
    J@psposted 7 years ago

Great idea Jeff, thanks, I'll do one when I am inspired enough.

I do have one on food that brought me back when I was young.

And for lack of a better term, I titled is Food Flashback.
    Recently I also have one related to Philippine Cuisine, titled Baboy, Balut and Bagoong.

But one about the food I have discovered while living abroad is a great idea.

6. festersporling1 profile image69
    festersporling1posted 6 years ago

I don't know that I have a whole article to write about it. I would say my favorite is probably beef bistek tagalog and maybe chicken adobo.

But I am not a massive fan of Filipino food. Thankfully, I have plenty of other options.

The Philippines food is always too sweet for me or the flavors don't agree with me.

Some of the 'favorites' where I am include one dish that is pigs blood and another called bulot which is a baby unhatched chicken still in the shell with beak and all. Like, literally there are carts for this all over including one down in front of my office.

To me the chicken adobo is even a bit annoying because it's generally boney chicken and I am spoiled with boneless.

I am really not bitter at all. I just am not a huge fan of the food here.....

I do like bbq chicken which can be found in many ihaw ihaw places and bbq places.

Unfortunately for me, the diet is heavily pork here as well and I am not a big pork fan.

As for desserts, I like the custard flan someone else referred to. Lechi flan is the name. I like mango floats. I like the fruits in Davao and Cebu. World class. Mangoes and pineapples. I have tried durian. I liked it the first time, but the wicked garlic burp that ensued kept me out of a second try.

working