jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How are you dealing with the traffic drop in your hubs?

1. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

How are you dealing with the traffic drop in your hubs?

2. Mom Kat profile image82
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Well, I write because I love to write... so the money part is just an added bonus.  The drop in traffic hasn't put off my love of writing or the level of enjoyment I get from participating in the HP community. 

Also, I have faith in HP that what they are doing is best for all of us.  It might not seem like it right now, but it will get better.  The way I look at it is like this: when you clean ~ I mean REALLY clean... it looks like a disaster at first, but by the time it's finished, it looks fantastic!  So with all of the new changes, drops in traffic, and all that jazz... I just look at it like a "deep cleansing" that HP is doing & when they get to the point they are working towards ~ we're going to see an even better traffic flow than before smile

Yes, I am a dreamer & an optimist (I know)

1. soconfident profile image83
      soconfidentposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the pep talk.

3. chasemillis profile image67
    chasemillisposted 5 years ago

If you came into Hubpages with the intent of only making money, unless you are content with making nothing and putting in a TON of effort for 1-2 years, then you're in the wrong place. You have to get up to about 5-10k views/day to make anything worth talking about

From what I've seen, you get about $1 for every 1000 views, give or take 300
    Don't worry about it if your at less than 1000 views a day, just keep writing (if you love it!) and keep editing your backlinks and keywords/tags to help Google redirect everyone to YOUR articles.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

My views per day have never been anything to shout about anyway so I simply stopped worrying about it. It didn't take long to realize that I wasn't going to make a ton of money writing for this site so it's strictly a hobby for me at this point.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I've created a list of hubs to write to help me decide what to write better so I have more time to create better hubs. However, my schedule is not making it easy to publish hubs on a regular basis. If it isn't a philosophy exam, then it is a statistics exam.

working