Earnings/traffic way down. What happened? Please help!

1. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Earnings/traffic way down. What happened? Please help!

Last month my earnings were almost $18 and this month I'm only at almost $2. I should be way higher than that. What's happened to the traffic/earnings?? My traffic and earnings was growing exponentially and now it's way down. So frustrating!

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

There was another Google panda bite and algorithm update I believe on September 27.  It has hurt my hub views a little bit and one of my top performing websites got sucker punched.  My overall income will be down over 200 dollars this month so I feel your pain.  It's gradually coming back now because I added more content and polished up what I already had.

My advice is to go in and update hubs with new information, polish them up etc. and to wait it out as best you can.  Be proactive, but don't panic because these things happen and I suspect this hit a lot of hubbers because numerous people have posted frustrations.  HubPages itself perhaps took a pounding in that update. 

Hang in there - and as the saying goes, don't put all your eggs in one basket.  The beauty of diversity is that when Google has a tantrum - I mean update,  you don't lose everything if you are publishing in more than one location.

1. fitmom profile image84
      fitmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought I'd heard some buzz about a change, but I didn't know when. My profile changed too. I just wasn't sure. Thanks for filling me in and giving me some tips! I'm only publishing here. I can't imagine having time to do elsewhere... Best ~ fitmom