Record low adsense earnings today

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (90 posts)
  1. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

Okay, today I have noticed drastic decrease in page impressions and record low earnings in my adsense account. I had not thought before today that google algorithm change will have such a effect on our traffic and earnings. Today, I find myself what I was three years back. Only a few cents per day.....

1. wychic profile image83
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed the same thing, but just today and yesterday -- and traffic has been WAAAAY down those two days. After the initial dip, my traffic was back up pretty much to normal (about 90% what it was before the change) and now it's back down to about 30%-40% of normal. Assuming that I'm not forgetting any major national holidays (again) that would keep people off their computers, I was kind of wondering if they'd done some additional algorithm tweaking or something.

2. skyfire profile image78
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Google is very strict against spyware/adware downloads via webpage. I just hope they're not limiting searches because of their crawler or Web-of-trust bot detecting any such activity here. sad

3. James A Watkins profile image86
      James A Watkinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has dropped 50 percent in just the last couple days, and my earnings right along with it. Gosh, I hope this isn't permanent. I have put so much work into HubPages the last two years.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if the post we read yesterday or the day before about google account users being able to block certain sites has gone into effect. I read it somewhere on another thread. It was a recent Google blog entry.  Here it is:
        http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/ … t-you.html

1. Aya Katz profile image84
          Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It may be that the virus scare has people blocking HP or just avoiding it.

2. sabrebIade profile image80
          sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder when that rolls out?
          I haven't seen it show up on my searches yet.

3. Aware1 profile image59
          Aware1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This ability to block sites has gone into effect. If you are logged into your google account and searching - should you click onto a site and click the back button after seeing the site, once back in search results, there is a messege from google to click if you would like to block the site from your search results. sad

sadly, that's going to have an effect here. I'm sure it's part of what we're seeing today.
            http://techland.time.com/2011/03/10/hat … om-google/

2. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know that it will be permanent (who does know these things?) but I hope we at least see some upward climb at some point.

Lots of things seem to be happening, nothing's getting taken for granted and we're all having to chip in to help. I hope you, Mary and many others (probably most of us) will see some real recovery in the future.

Seems quite devastating for some hubbers.

2. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Do you think its because everyone has been searching for Japan news? I actually had a good day yesterday but the Algo has made my Adsense 'yoyo', hoping it will level out soon, think its beginning too

3. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

My earnings are also down today. Richie could be right when he says that people might be looking more for news about Japan.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Me, too, Wychic.  I had been seeing a slow growth although it had some ups and downs.  Wednesday showed another huge drop, to less than that seen last month.  A slight uptick Thursday, then down even further yesterday.  I too wonder if big G hasn't tweaked their algorithm again, slamming us once more.

Today is showing good traffic so far, but then I just edited over 100 hubs getting rid of RSS feeds and Amazon capsules.

5. soni2006 profile image76

Might be possible that everyone is after Japan news but still I have not seen such decrease in traffic in my three years. This is something different. Might be possible this problem will go away with time.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then I guess it must be Google again ... hope this trouble has an end very soon.

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Could it have anything to do with the disappearing/reappearing ads? Most of my ads are not showing even now.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
      theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine neither!

7. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

I don't have any theories, but my traffic is down below the initial Day-of-the-Google-Slap.  My adsense is likewise down.

8. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 13 years ago

After the initial google drop my adsense had been about 20% of what it was...significant for me because I have gone from about $45-60 a day to 15-20 a day... but I figured I could live with it. the past three days it has been a steady decrease and yesterdays earnings were just over $7.. basically going from 1500.00 a month to 210.00 a month. Amazon is down from 400.00 to 35.00 and ebay is down from about 150.00 to about 5.00 Kontera is showing pennies rather than the 2-6 dollars a day i was making.

So much for my retirement plan. hmm

Today I am seeing a small rise in the adsense so I am hopeful.
    As far as yesterday and Japan affecting it? It may well all of my sites were down traffic wise, not just hub pages.

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry Marye - I have seen similar hits.  I am still "waiting for the dust toe settle" but I don't think the drops are done.  My hubs seem to keep settling lower and lower in the SERPS.

I hope the reduction of RSS, amazon ads and news feeds show a quick reversal in their performance.

1. camlo profile image84

Is it a good idea to get rid of our news feeds?

1. profile image0
          Marye Audetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There was a post by Paul E. that said hubs without amazon or news feeds seemed to do better. it would seem to be a good idea to at least reduce them

1. camlo profile image84

Okay. Thank you for letting me know.

2. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your figures just make me feel sad

I remember being told about a pay freeze one year, I was gutted. If I'd been told my wages were being cut to the same degree as your HP earnings I'd have bubbled over for certain.

I sure hope things pick up  again.

3. wychic profile image83
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ouch, Marye! Alright, no more bellyaching from me that I'm down about $100 from average on Amazon so far. I guess I've been lucky that my Adsense has stayed relatively steady, but Amazon dropped out the bottom and that's usually my big earner. eBay has stayed at .13 a click, but veeeeery few clicks coming through this month.

9. profile image0

Thanks... I worked on tags and reporting copied hubs last night and am working on the rss, news, and amazon stuff today. Hopefully this will soon be behind us all!

10. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

My traffic is actually way up compared to yesterday (it could just be that it is Saturday), but adsense is pretty tragic. No biggie, just them playing with ads.

11. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I noticed another thread talking about one Adsense ad is missing from all the hubs today, I just noticed it myself? its the top banner ad? anyone seen this?

1. Aware1 profile image59

The adsense ad structure has changed. There is a thread by Paul E. at the top of the forum explaining this. There will now be a 728x60 adsense ad at the top of the page instead of the 2 banner ads. You MUST be logged out of your account in order to see it though.

2. cre8tive profile image80
      cre8tiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, though it took a couple of attempts.

I eventually got it by going to one of my hubs whilst signed in, clicking 'sign out' and then clicking the 'return to previous page' option.

I almost couldn't see the banner for looking initiall although it's plastered across the top of the page - but it's definitely there.

12. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

If I'm totally off base here someone let me know okay....
    If we have Adsense Ads 100% of the time, then we make X amount of dollars.
    But with the new ad sharing thing in effect, won't they show other ad networks and not Adsense 100% of the time?
    So if your Hub has half Adsense and half ad network, you will make less money on Adsense because Adsense ads are showing less.
    Well that is if you are not in the new pilot program.

So...
    If I had a Hub showing 100% Adsense all the time and made 20.00 a day, if you replace half the ads with the new network, the Adsense goes down to 10.00 a day.
    Now if I am in the new program, that get's made up.
    But if I'm not, wouldn't that be cutting my Adsense profits in half?

Like I said, I may be totally off here.
    And maybe someone will 'splain it to me.
    smile

1. Aware1 profile image59

The way I understand the *New* ad program. Unless you are in the program, you will NOT have the new ads showing on your 60% of the time. The ads will only show the 40% of HP time.

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Marye I'm going through a similar exercise of pairing Amazon and ebay capsules down to the recommended 1 product per capsule. I just have to wonder if that's enough product showing to make any sales. If not, then will the adsense recover enough to compensate.

I never believed in using the news capsules so that's not an issue.

I'm hanging in there at about $50 a day for adsense, Amazon and ebay combined. But Amazon has just plumeted after the removal of most of my Amazon capsules. ebay has begun to weaken in the past few days.

I don't qualify for the HP affiliate program, so I'm not sure what effective monetization strategy will exist for me beyond adsense.

Oh and I was out in shops and restaurants all over Cape Cod this morning. No one was even mentioning Japan. So I don't think on Main Street America this is an issue that will preclude economic activity.

I think that the downturn we are seeing is specific to the Farmer update and perhaps some earnings dislocation given the new HP affiliate program and ad locations.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, you say that amazon has plummeted after removing lots of ads, but are you confident that that is the reason?  Or are you seeing much lower traffic the past 2 or 3 days as some of us are? 

I just deleted a bunch of amazon ads from information type hubs, but my amazon income isn't nearly enough to even know if it's dropped let alone attribute any drop to that.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has been steady (pitiful but steady) since February 26th.

The impact of going from 48 products to 5 or 6 on a page is the culprit. Believe me there was a reason that I designed my product hubs the way I did. I've spent 10 years optimizing online sales pages.

Perhaps adsense will kick in - I honestly don't know at this point. It seems if you qualify for the HP affiliate program that there is hope.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Nelle.  I was afraid you were going to say that - I know that you are truly expert in sales hubs. 

It seems that the very concept behind posting advertising copy is going to have to go through a radical change, and just as I was beginning to get some results! sad

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is enough to still drive sales, if done properly. My highest-performing product hubs have always been those with one Amazon capsule matched with one text capsule and only one Amazon product in the Amazon capsule. (Wow, that was a mouthful!)

Despite the drop in traffic (which has stabilized, thank goodness), my Amazon conversion rate remained at 14%+ until two days ago, when it took a nosedive to around 7%. I don't know if it's temporary or if it goes hand in hand with my totally pathetic AdSense earnings of late.

1. profile image0

lrohner do you think that the HP affiliate program and those HUUUGGE Kroeger ads are just blinding your visitors? You're in the HP affiliat program right?

I logged out and went back to my pages, and under Hubpages impression was the biggest leaderboard display I've ever seen with all the Kroeger branding and there was one going down the side as well.

It has to affect how visitors perceive the hub.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
          theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Echo!  I mean how can anyone want to read a hub when they are distracted but the lady looking like she's going to dump her groceries all over your page! smile

2. lrohner profile image68

Good point, Nelle. That could explain the recent and sudden tanking of my Amazon/AdSense. I didn't even think of those. I think my mind is trying to block them out completely. smile

As I pointed out in another thread yesterday, the thing that really bugs me about them is that those ugly ads don't even apply to most of my visitors, as Kroger only has a presence in something like half of the states. If it had to be butt ugly, couldn't they at least have made it a relevant ad? smile

Anyhoo, I was just trying to reassure that fewer products doesn't necessarily mean fewer sales. Historically, my product hubs that have ranked the best and made me the most money were the ones with a high text/low product ratio.

14. Winterfate profile image93
    Winterfateposted 13 years ago

I haven't gotten a single cent from Adsense for the past *counts* 4 days now...

It really stinks. sad

At least HubPages Ads is paying nicely. big_smile
    (Although today's earnings are still pending...hmm.)

15. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Actually, yesterday's earnings are still pending.

16. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

I have to admit that I am not convinced that lowering the amount of items to buy on my hubs will have a positive effect.  I am doing it to see if it does, but since the items were specifically targeted for the hubs, I do not see how it will help.

17. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I actually noticed a big drop in traffic yesterday and today on my own websites. I am assuming people are looking at the Japan tragedy news. hmm

18. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Is it possible that the Farmer update really targeted affiliate marketing and not content farms?

1. Len Cannon profile image88
      Len Cannonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel like they probably go hand in hand, but someone smarter than me surely has a better idea.

1. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I still have website pages that are totally nothing but Amazon product links with some text on them ranking on the first page. smile

1. Aya Katz profile image84
          Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So then if things continue as they have been lately, is HP still helpful for your marketing campaigns?

1. Bill Manning profile image68
            Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I never made more than 2 bucks a day tops with Hubpages. They still have good rank, so Hubpages is still a good site for backlinks to your own site, for direct traffic and to make a little bit.

So yeah, Hubpages is still just as good as the 100 or so other places out there like them. Use all sites in moderation. wink

2. profile image0

My datafeed affiliates sites are doing fine as well.

19. profile image0

lrohner, I think those ads pay by impression (though I could be wrong) Kroeger's is using them to brand themselves. I think they are getting ready to expand into new markets. Because I'm seeing them and I've never ever seen a Kroegers. There are none near here. And right now I don't think I want to go into one. The ads aren't impressing me as a consumer. As a hubber if they make money - you know I'm all for it.

1. lrohner profile image68

Major memory fail on my part. Darkside reminded me of the same thing yesterday. smile

And they're still butt ugly. smile

2. lakeerieartists profile image62
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No Kroger's here.  We used to eons ago.  Be surprised if they come back too.

20. profile image0

For today traffic seems to be up a tiny bit but income is up a lot...::: fingers crossed:::

21. soni2006 profile image76

Okay. We all are on the same boat, struggling with traffic and earnings at this point of time.

I guess we can be miserable comforters. I had 1 click today.. 
      smile

22. profile image0

Hopefully all of the changes will help us - and within a short time the money will return.

soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right Nelle. We need to be positive.

23. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I'm still having ups and downs... I can't say I've been hit as drastically as others, although I will be the first to admit I have been here a lot less time than many of you.

24. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

My earning from HubPages on Adsense have gone down to one third of what i was making earlier and amazon too has taken a severe blow by going down to almost the same level as adsense. My saving grace has been my own blogs which has increased both in terms of traffic and revenue but still nowhere near to compensate for the revenue dip. I only hope the HubPages Ads Program compensates for the revenue fall.

All my Hubs have news and rss capsules, I will try some tweaks and see if it makes a difference.

25. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Come on everyone!  Stiff upper lip and all that.....!  Why back when I used to have to walk 10 miles in the rain to get to school it was uphill both ways and we were to poor to have mice like everyone else.........

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what were those little furry critters you and Turkey used to shoot with BB guns??

And don't forget, RD - you had to carry your crippled brother on your back while walking 10 miles uphill to school in the snow. I kinda miss all the snow we used to get here back in the 60s.

2. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh but did you have walk barefoot up hill both ways for 10 miles in the snow?

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Barefoot in the snow and carrying the books of all the 32 kids in his class as well as his brother and the parrot!

It's just not a stiff upper lip - I generally need a stiff gin before I look at my Adsense and Amazon reports these days.

It's very demotivating as February was shaping up to be my best Amazon month ever before the Slap, and I was just beginning to feel that after a lot of hard work, that I was starting to earn regularly.

But in the greater scheme of things, you can only learn and move forward from these setbacks, and I only have to turn on the TV to see that a lot of people, especially in Japan, have much larger challenges and sorrows to deal with than I have.

So lets all have a lucky, happy and profitable Sunday! smile

1. cre8tive profile image80
          cre8tiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second that about having a happy and profitable Sunday, cause it certainly wasn't a profitable Saturday with Adsense.

I suppose it will take a while to see how the new layout pans out but even for a Saturday (which is normally low) yesterday was not good.

Think it's a case of just hang on in there for the moment.

26. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I think the shake up with the Farmer update has had more of a knock on effect than even Google have anticipated. This change also hasn't rolled out past the google.com sites either.

It may be April/May this year until we start to see our work (hubs and personally created websites) start to incrementally climb back.

This is a significant change that is going to shake rattle and roll for months yet.

Hang on and batten down the hatches, it is going to be rough for a while.

I second the thoughts of Kangaroo_Jase. I don't see any increase in traffic and earnings till another month and a half but still we need to keep up working like we have in hope of better life in May.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I'm still writing articles, just not publishing anything at this point.  Too many ifs, ands, and butts to have to worry about changing the hubs or whether we'll just end up unpublishing everything in the end.  Loyalty and hard work are not always rewarded in kind on content sites. 

I wonder which content site will eventually end up on top?  Or if one actually will, for that matter.  My, my, my!  smile

2. lakeerieartists profile image62
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe that you are right about this statement.

27. profile image0

You can try new types of hubs or write new sites of your own. Perhaps we need to shake things up a bit.

28. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I'm going to be struggling just to make payout this month.  I haven't missed a payout in a long time.  I have had zero clicks this entire weekend.  That hasn't happened since I first got to HubPages.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My payout seems assured even at this slow rate, but who knows if it will get worse or not.  Like you KCC, it's been a long time since I worried about making it.  Amazon sales are beating Adsense so far this month even with the fewer sales.  Go figure!  smile  At least some get to make a few bucks with the new ad program to offset the losses. smile

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here, although I've had a couple of low-paying clicks over the weekend...there is none at all today so far despite having had several hundred views. It'll be the first time I've missed payout since my first one sad

29. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I've made just over €1.00 this weekend ... not good, but better than some. I've reached payout, but if things continue as they are, it might be a long, long time before I reach it again. Well, I suppose things can't stay like this forever.

30. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Nothing stays the same, good or bad. wink

very true.

I finally checked Amazon after not checking for a while and I have 7 orders from very few clicks. A pleasant surprise.

Yes I also have a few orders in Amazon the HP AD program is compensating the losses. Let's see what happens after a few days. We should hope for positive response in regards to traffic and earnings.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would not hold your breath. sad

31. KCC Big Country profile image84

My Amazon sales are about normal, maybe slightly lower in number and dollar amount, but nothing alarming.  My Adsense is still zero for the weekend.  Two back to back days at zero!

1. camlo profile image84

Hi KCC!
      If a Hubber with 345 Hubs has had zero clicks this weekend, is there hope for any of us?
      I am truly grateful for my €1.00 - it must have been luck.
      Hope things improve for you during the week. Can you let us know?

32. Midnight Oil profile image81
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Not much different here, had a slight increase post Google slap, but the last 48 hours has been a near flat line.

But, the best is yet to come... !

33. KCC Big Country profile image84

I initially saw about a 30-40% drop in Adsense traffic and earnings after the Google slap, but what I'm seeing the last two days is unreal. 

To answer your question, Camlo......I can only hope it improves.  I've spent many hours this weekend tweaking in hopes of redeeming myself.

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I cannot believe how bad it has become.  While my traffic is down ~30%, my adsense is down ~70%.  Even with the offset of the Hubpages Ad program, I am still down a LOT more than the reduction in traffic.

And Amazon has shriveled up.  I am still working hubs hoping that there will be a rebound...folks are saying "wait until the dust settles" - but I hope we are near the worst of it.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think adsense drop is related to traffic drop. It rather likely to be related to growing oil prices and shrinking advertising budgets. Though my adsense CPC on HP stays the same or even slightly rises, so this is a pure speculation on my side so far. smile

34. profile image0

Remember this is going to roll out over time. So as new waves hit, it will continue to worsen. Sorry I really can't think of anything positive to say about the trends on shared sites right now.

If you don't have your own sites, this might be a good time to start.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These should be smaller ripple effects though Nelle. google.co.uk has the next biggest traffic after google.com, no other google search site attracts more traffic than these two.

35. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

Since the advertising layout change specifically, AdSense income has taken a serious hit.  Virtually no CPM revenue, virtually no interest-based or placement targeting type revenue (presumably all because the ad units that earned those are gone).

HubPages Ad Program seems to be performing the same, so it's not making up for losses. 

Just to make it clear, the problem isn't lower eCPM - that's a problem, but not what I'm seeing as THIS problem.  And lower Amazon earnings are not the problem.  I can speculate that what's happened in Japan has created a dip in eCPM and affiliate purchases, and that eCPM and Amazon earnings dips are related both to Panda and to the HubPages Ad Program.   Different issue.

The problem I'm referring to here is the fact that CPM, placement targeted and interest-based earnings have gone to very near zero, and they weren't insignificant before.

I don't know the solution, but I DO think that YieldBuild in this case might be a liability.  Some hubs really would be far better optimized with manually placed AdSense ads - even if we had to cut down the numbers of ad units to accommodate HubPages rules.

36. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

I thought if a site loses a bit of Google's trust, the site will display ads from advertisers who are bidding lower values for ads than they previously used to do..

37. danielmpaul profile image58
    danielmpaulposted 7 years ago

Reasons for drop in Adsense
    1. Content is not updated, or not posted updated content.
    2. Some issue with ad display and placement or ad codes.
    3. Poor content and writing skills
    4. Lack of interest in blogging
    5. Malware, account hack, hold from google, unattended notices etc.

best luck!
    Choozurmobile team

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This thread is five years old.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)