jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Where have all my readers gone?

1. Lizam1 profile image83
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

Where have all my readers gone?

My daily reading average has dropped by 50% over the past week.   I am wondering if there is an adjustment or recent occurence (apart from Pinterest which is now fixed) that has happened.

2. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 5 years ago

I saw a similar drop in traffic to my hubs last week as well.  I know there was another Google update on October 5th, Penguin #3 I believe.  Google says it was a minor update that impacts 0.3% of English language queries.  The drop  could have been the result something else but any time my traffic drops immediately after a Google update, I am suspicious.

3. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

Google made more changes a lot of us are way down. Like you I too am down by about 50%

Lizam1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sad:-(  Hopefully things will improve again.  Check on the link a a lite posted above.

4. researchpapers profile image56
    researchpapersposted 5 years ago

This was like hell as this same goes with me  sad

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just looked at your profile and it shows up no content. Why's that?

2. Lizam1 profile image83

Garifalia - can you tell me what you mean by no content?  Thanks. Liza

3. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Exactly that. I looked at the colleagues profile and it read 'no content', 0 hubs. Indeed where have all the hubs gone!

5. aa lite profile image92
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

My guess this fall is still from the newest Panda, panda 20 that rolled out on Sept 27th.  I also didn't see the effects immediately.  This was a pretty major update, about 2.4% of queries affected.  I don't think this site gets badly hit by Penguin, in general people here don't go overboard in building links or other over optimisation practices.

Check out the quant cast data on hub pages

https://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com

Thanks.  This is a useful link and gives the overall picture.

6. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 5 years ago

Last week I had a slight increase, but yesterday and this morning I've been absolutely hammered.  5 and 4 views, what the hell is going on. I've never had a lot of views but this is unbelievable.
    Hope the experts can give us a clue.

Any change in your views.  Mine are still way down.

7. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Where a lot of ours have gone. Readers who may be interested in our articles come and go in waves. If you have articles on education, for instance, and it's the start of the school year you'll more than likely get a good share of viewers depending on your subject. Understand what I'm getting at?

I am used to a pattern with some hubs but this is an overall drop so I don't think it's that.  Anyways thanks for commenting.

8. topquark profile image78
    topquarkposted 5 years ago

Mine dropped by about 90% a few weeks ago and hasn't recovered. No idea why.

That's quite the hit.  Hope it recovers.  I am still way down.

working