jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do when you are in a writing slump?

1. Conservative Lady profile image74
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you are in a writing slump?

What motivates you to write? How do you get writing when you are in a slump? Any and all suggestions welcome.

2. Sapper profile image71
    Sapperposted 5 years ago

Something I like to do is browse questions here, or different forums related to whatever site I'm working on, and see if something people are talking about is something I could write on. I've gotten a few blog post idea's from doing that, but it doesn't always work. I also set little "rewards" for me to work towards. Like, i won't go smoke, or watch a tv show, or play a game or whatever until I've written so much. Bribing myself works wonders.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Pretty simple... I walk away for a while. I have tried to stick to a "one hub per week" publishing schedule since I joined here, but if I don't have the time or don't feel like writing on a particular week, I take a break and come back when my batteries are recharged. Sometimes I'll even bang out two or three hubs during a "comeback" week!

4. rfmoran profile image89
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I apply fingers to keyboard and start writing. Sometimes the result is pure garbage, but that's okay. I find that the act of writing in itself breaks through the logjam. And often I find that the words on the screen actually start to drag the thoughts out of my head.