jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What should we do to get more traffics to poems?

1. sereseus profile image73
    sereseusposted 5 years ago

What should we do to get more traffics to poems?

2. RogerSanchezJr profile image73
    RogerSanchezJrposted 5 years ago

Copy your url address to facebook or myspace.  Let them know that there are poems to read by clicking on that link.

3. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

I don't think you have to find buyers for poems. You find them automatically. I may be wrong, but I've seen people liking and sharing poems more than the Hubs.

4. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image70
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

Poem is a different kind of hub I think.So you need not to worry about it.Just post your hub with url on Redgage.com and twitter,facebook and better to comment on other hubbers'  poems it will also create traffic for your hub.

5. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

You can try adding more tags which will highlight your work as poetry, and that should hopefully help bring in more readers. I hope this helps some, and keep on hubbing  smile

sereseusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Can you suggest some tags that are suited for poetry?

2. Goody5 profile image70
      Goody5posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Try - poems, poetry writing, short poems, writing poetry, and poetry. Here's a link to a website that might help as well - https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … YWORD_IDEA

6. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

To get more traffic to your poems I recommend you :

1.    Comment on other poetry hubs, as many as you can.
    2.    Answer questions about literature/poetry, and get involved on the forum.
    3.    Share your work on Facebook,Twitter and (with images) Pinterest.
    4.    Join poetry blogs and share your poems.
    5.    Research poetry sites, find suitable ones you like and join in with forums.
    6.    Keep writing your poems and getting them out there.
    7.    Post on other social sites.
    8.    Link all of your poetry hubs together.

In time if you persist you'll find out for sure whether your poems are going to get enough traffic to keep you happy!
    Best of luck.

sereseusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering.I will try it.

7. My2GreenBeans profile image79
    My2GreenBeansposted 5 years ago

I have written one poem – not in my entire life, but here on hubpages. I am not a terrible poet but I am far from a great one. And yet for the life of me, I cannot figure out why this hub has about twice as many page views as my most popular hub. This doesn’t answer your question. But, if you can figure out why the heck my poem is so popular, maybe you tap into that for your poetry or at least the key words.

8. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Chef-de-jour pretty much summed it up. Unfortunately, most poetry hubs won't be popular in Google, so they're unlikely to receive the kind of traffic that things like how-to articles, recipes, and other keyword friendly hubs get.

That said, if you enjoy writing poetry, keep it up! Unfortunately, it's not a big money maker here on HubPages due to the little traffic most poems receive.