jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What makes a hub article revenue potential worth $$$?

1. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

What makes a hub article revenue potential worth $$$?

2. mailxpress profile image53
    mailxpressposted 5 years ago

I've been writing Hubs using the Hubpage platform for 3 years.  When Hubpages created their Hubpage program for us to get paid from Hubpages, I slowly started to change my writing techniques.  I did so because the more activity a Hub receives the more Hubpage daily revenue I earn.  I now focus on updating older Hubs.  I add content, add pictures, videos, if I write about recipes I add recipes to older Hubs and I've noticed my Hubpage revenue slowly rising.  I really like the Hubpage Program.  Some writer skipped out from Hubpages when they put Hubs on Sleep Mode but that made me realize I needed to step up my game and update old content.  I like it.

3. profile image0
    HowIConqueredposted 5 years ago

Writing high quality unique hubs (not promotional hubs or hubs about hubpages.com) is the best way to build up an audience that will return to your hubs on a regular basis. Niche hubs are the way to go for most hubbers. You also need a wealth of hub articles published. You're not going to become rich ever on this website. And making any supplemental income from hubpages will take time. I'm sure if you do a simple search throughout the website you will find plenty of hubs that detail specifics on how to drive more traffic to your hubs. But the real key to being a success on here is writing lots of high quality material that people want to read. If you're on hubpages because you love to write, the money will eventually come in after you put in the hard work. But if you are on here because you want to make some quick cash by writings a couple of hubs here and there then its going to seem like an eternity before you see any cash-out potential, if you ever do.

1. mailxpress profile image53
      mailxpressposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do agree with most of what you speak however; saying you will not become rich ever on this website is not true.  Think about this for a moment. I've built a successful Internet Business recruiting referrals. Referrals earn me daily $ faster.

4. Lauryallan profile image80
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

There are a number of ways to try and figure out if a hub article has revenue potential.

Firstly, write about something you have a hope in hell of being ranked for in Google. You want traffic and pages views. One of the best ways to do that is by being ranked on the first page of Google for your targetted keywords.

There are more people using Google everyday than there are on Hubpages. Also Google traffic is more likely to be targetted traffic and actually interested in what you've written. They can also click your ads, whereas Hubbers are told NOT to click your ads.

I tend to try and target things that are very popular, but with less competition on the search engines since it's relatively new. This way I have a chance of ranking for a keyword that gets decent levels of traffic as there aren't millions of competing pages. However, most of these hubs tend to be a fad or are trending in nature, so the traffic will and does drop off. For example - new video games, movies, books, toys, gadgets etc.
    Sidenote: The CPM tends to be lower, but you are hoping to compensate for this with the higher levels of traffic.

If you want to go for evergreen content, that will earn money for years to come, this tends to be more competitive. To combat this, you should target longer tailed keywords or keyword phrases in order to get some Google love. For example, you are unlikely to rank for "weight loss" as it is too general. However, you could rank for a specific type of weight loss more easily by targetting a sub-niche such as "10 tips to lose man boobs forever" or "the secret to never having bingo wings" etc.
    Unless you are lucky, or find a great niche, you'll probably get less traffic per article. However, traffic should hopefully be consistent or continue for years to come.
    Sidenote: The CPM is likely to be higher, since these are more competitive terms, but you are likely to have less traffic.

Best of Luck and I hope this helped.

1. mailxpress profile image53
      mailxpressposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like your evergreen content idea.  Go green living will be around for years.  Excellent suggestion.