jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do we need permission from a writer to use a photo from their hub to a new hub g

1. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Do we need permission from a writer to use a photo from their hub to a new hub giving credit?

I am doing a series of hubs on what I have learned from each hub and want to include a photo from their hub..giving credit to the author and the photo.

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
    galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago

99.9% of the photos I use are my own personal photos. If someone used them without my permission they'd come down right quick. You also may run into the duplicate content aspect.

3. StandingJaguar profile image79
    StandingJaguarposted 5 years ago

You could easily just ask them for permission, and then you will find out how they feel about it. But, technically, I guess the answer is no. Unless they have a creative commons or such license, then the picture is theirs.

4. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 5 years ago

I agree with galleryofgrace and StandingJaguar. In my case, I have a paid subscription to Clipart.com and I am the only one who is able legally to use those photos. So if anyone wished to copy any of my photos, I'd have to say no based on the fact of my agreement with Clipart.com. But that's not to say that if you do inquire about a photo, you might get permission. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Best Regards--Deb

5. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

To use someone else's photo (even with credit), you still need to ask their permission.   The only time you do not need to ask is if they explicitly labelled the photo as public domain or creative common.   If the photo is not labelled with any license information, then asking permission is required.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

Yes you should get permission if the photos are the Hubbers, and it would be helpful in all other cases, in case the royalty was purchased, for example.

However, if the photos were there under a creative commons license, you can click on the link to find the original photograph, make sure that it really is available under creative commons license (still), and then you can use it. Technically you are using it from the original source and not the hub, but the effect would be the same.

working