jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Am I wasting my time on here, because all my Hubs went to sleep?

1. NathaNater profile image89
    NathaNaterposted 5 years ago

Am I wasting my time on here, because all my Hubs went to sleep?

Also, should I flag a Hub that clearly the writer (or his computer) just put a word in there that must be a keyword for traffic, because the word doesn't make any sense in the non-sentence it's in? Granted, it only one word, I don't think it's a spun article. Still, it throws everything off.

2. SylviaSky profile image94
    SylviaSkyposted 5 years ago

Yes, you are wasting time if what you want is money. No, you  aren't wasting time if you are learning that your work must be modified to interest more readers. A popular Hub is written for readers as a service, not as a self-indulgence. Nonfiction informational Hubs receive the most traffic. Fiction and poetry receive the least.

I would not flag a Hub with only one incoherent sentence if the rest is readable and has useful content. If not I would flag it. Anyone can make one mistake.  That is especially true when writing on  small keyboards....

1. tsadjatko profile image66
      tsadjatkoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer - I might add look at your traffic sources and consider using Stumble upon and other venues to draw attention to your hubs.

2. NathaNater profile image89
      NathaNaterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is an artist influenced by popularity when he/she creates, or do they simply create? Is popularity the same as quality? Money=popularity; if I was in it just for money, I'd seek just popularity/traffic.

3. Learn Things Web profile image92
    Learn Things Webposted 5 years ago

I think it's way too early to give up. I was writing for almost a year before I even started to get a lot of traffic and make decent money. Write on a wide range of topics to ensure success. Also, rewrite low traffic hubs with more focus on keywords. Use the Google Keyword Tool to get an idea of what keywords are searched a lot. Try writing regularly as well (at least once a week if possible). Google respects writers who write often and keep pages up to date.

4. btrbell profile image91
    btrbellposted 5 years ago

As far as sleeping hubs....just wake them up. Just about daily, I take a look at my hubs. If any are "sleeping", I go and check them out. Even if I thought thye were perfect the way they were, some can still use a bit of "fixing up" or I add a quote or a video or change the tiltle to add the word revisited or revamped. This way my readers know thast I have made a change or two. I also put them up in the profile section for a while so people will see them when they look me up (if they look me up!) As far as the keyword. They are just silly to do that. They should pick a keyword by their content, not the other way around. I personally wouldn't "Flag" a hub for what that but I would probably send him an e-mail mentioning that it was noticable. Good luck!

working