jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why have my views suddenly slumped?

1. Canon Camera Guy profile image59
    Canon Camera Guyposted 5 years ago

Why have my views suddenly slumped?

Last month I opted out of the HubPages ad programme, to see what difference it would make to my earnings. Whether the ad programme would perform better than just adsense.
    I quickly saw a massive reduction, both in traffic and earnings, so opted back in to the ad programme.
    My hub traffic doesn't seem to have recovered at all.
    Previously I could expect anywhere from 20-50 views a day.
    Since I opted out and back in again, I'm lucky to get 2!

Has anyone else had any experience of this?

2. Sapper profile image70
    Sapperposted 5 years ago

You can't look at your traffic on a daily basis and realistically expect any consistency. To tell if there really is a problem, and in turn a solution, you have to compare your traffic across several months. Your day to day traffic can really vary, especially on an account that is only a few months old. I'd give it at least 2 months, if not longer. If you are still consistently getting really low numbers, then you should look into possible reasons why.

3. Canon Camera Guy profile image59
    Canon Camera Guyposted 5 years ago

Sapper, thanks for answering, but please research your answer before typing.

You CAN monitor your daily traffic and expect to see some consistency.
    If you go to your account and open the traffic graph, that's exactly what it does, monitor your traffic! I can see my traffic from April to now. The traffic steadily increased over time and I can see the changes in amounts of traffic corresponding with each tweak I was making to titles, keywords, etc. The downturn in traffic exactly corresponds with the date I changed my settings with the ad programme and back again. I wouldn't be asking the question if I didn't think the two were related and I could see the correlation.

1. Sapper profile image70
      Sapperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You write about one specific topic only. It's more likely that your changes in traffic are related to algorithm changes than ads.
      All of your hubs are fairly new, they are going to go up and down. But, don't believe me, I really don't care.