jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you used RedGage to promote your Hubs or other blogs?

1. lanablackmoor profile image89
    lanablackmoorposted 5 years ago

Have you used RedGage to promote your Hubs or other blogs?

I'm just curious for input from other Hubbers, since my experience with the site has been a mixed bag so far. I love the idea of promoting content from my other websites, blogs and Hubs with just a link and a description without actually having to post the full content. However, the basic mechanics of the site, like viewing someone's profile or even logging in seem a bit slow. Would you recommend the site to other Hubbers, or no?

2. Gina145 profile image82
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

I recently signed up with RedGage and have tried promoting some of my Hubs there.  It hasn't been very productive so far, though according to Google Analytics I have had a few clicks from RedGage. As it doesn't take much effort to post a link, I'll keep trying.
    So far I've found far more interest in my photos at RedGage than in any links I've posted.

3. profile image55
    UsPlus1posted 5 years ago

I don't even know what that is yikes.. I might try it now though lol.

4. Anil and Honey profile image64
    Anil and Honeyposted 5 years ago

Nice question. I am also waiting for the answer of this question. Can somebody give answer this question?

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I suggest you do some reading about Google and how its algorithm works.   I suspect you're following outdated advice. 

You obviously know that you want backlinks (links TO your Hubs from other websites).  You may know why you need them  - it's because one of the criteria Google uses to judge your Hubs is by counting how many other sites link to them.  Google sees those links as recommendations.

However, Google knows people try to game the system by creating links themselves, and they don't want that upsetting their assessments.  So they're always looking out for that behaviour.  If they find it, they will either ignore or devalue the links.  If you think about it, Google would have to be pretty dumb not to realize that links on RedGage or SheToldMe are fake, so it's unlikely those links are doing you much (if any) good. 

You'll still find articles recommending those sites for promotion, but that's because Google has only recently managed to improve its algorithm enough to target "artificial" backlinking. 
    http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … -Backlinks

working