jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Do You Use The Short URL To Promote Your Hubs?

1. quicksand profile image83
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

I am referring to the 12 character short URL associated with every hub. Have you ever used it? Do you use it often to promote your HubPages articles although it has no SEO value?

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I use the short URL on Facebook due to the fact at times Facebook will not display the image of the hub nor the summary, just a link, when you use the longer URL.  Should that happen, and it has happened with me and other, the solution is to use the short URL and that has always displayed the photo as well as the summary of the hub.

I also use the short URL when I Tweet at times, depending on how much text that I place prior to the link.

quicksandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought Twitter automatically shortens a long URL via their default URL shortener.   smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I use various tools besides Twitter to tweet at times.  Hootsuite is one and they will shorten the URL if you specify them to do so. However the shortened URL will carry the ow.ly letters in the shortened link where as the HubPages URL will carry hub.me.  Just a preference of mine to sometimes show the "hub.me"  in some of what I share on Twitter versus the Hootsuite "ow.ly"

2. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Rarely, if ever, use it.

quicksandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've never used it. smile

working