jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can someone share if they make some sort of income on this website?

1. trucksareforgirls profile image60
    trucksareforgirlsposted 5 years ago

Can someone share if they make some sort of income on this website?

I am new to the hubbing community! I enjoy writing, although I am more of a story writer than an informative writer...so this is all new to me! I am curious though about how you are paid in this website. I am very interested in becoming a valuable member to this communtiy, and I want to take pride in my work. Right now Im just kind of checking things out and see what works best for me!

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

If you have a passion and love to write, this is definitely the website for you. Monetarily not so much. You may make a few dollars on the side after you get signed up with the HubPages ad program, and the Google adsense program (I suggest writing a few hubs and waiting a few weeks before doing this) Then you will start toward the goal of the threshold which is 50 dollars. Once you reach 50 dollars HubPages will pay you through Paypal (Paypal only). I have seen people who have been here over a year and still haven't been paid, but there are also people who get paid within months. Myself, It took me 5 months. Hope this helps. Welcome and good luck.

3. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I spend about 15-20 minutes a day on this site and make about $2 a day, it's just more of a hobby for me.

4. Joan King profile image73
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

My advice is don't expect to make a living on hp or any other writing site. If you do if merely for the love of writing it is a rewarding experience. The money has always been second to me. I am due for my first $50.00 payout since joining  and that for me is just a bonus because I never expected to make money from my hobby.

working