jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

On "My account" page how come some Hubs are "Featured" and others aren't?

1. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

On "My account" page how come some Hubs are "Featured" and others aren't?

What makes a hub featured while others are not? Also, why isn't my published hub appearing on my profile page?

2. tillsontitan profile image88
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

It is actually about scoring and review Pagesvoice.  According to HubPages it is driven by " assessments of reader engagement";
    "1. Automated computer-based quality ratings through intelligent learning algorithms"
    "2. Hubbers assessing content quality via the Hub Hopper"
    "3. Paid quality assessments via Mechanical Turk" ....these are quotes from one of  the HubPages forums. Also, if readership goes down on a hub it will be 'un'featured. 
    Funny and scary because since all this happened my earnings have plummeted.
    Not 100% sure what Mechanical Turk is either....guess "its complicated."

1. pagesvoice profile image86
      pagesvoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response. I'm miffed because my hub appears to have been published one day and it hasn't even made it to my own profile page. Seems like strange things have been happening lately.

2. mperrottet profile image96
      mperrottetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mechanical Turk seems to be a progam that businesses use to get humans to review online content and get paid for doing so.  Apparently, Hubpages uses this service.  There are articles concerning this service on Hubpages.

3. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It's  really no problem pagesvoice to get those hubs featured once again with that "H" next to them. I have a quick fix to get you going again - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status I hope this helps you out some.

4. mperrottet profile image96
    mperrottetposted 5 years ago

I think that the old ZZZ of idled hubs has gone away, and now all hubs that aren't idled are shown as Featured.  If you want your non-featured hubs to appear on your profile page, edit your profile, and towards the bottom of the page there is an option "Show Only Featured Hubs on My Profile".  Check No on this box, and all of your Hubs will appear.  Hope this helps.

5. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

Mperrottet is correct.  They are still doing the ZZZ program but have made it appear less punitive. Rather than showing you hubs that are getting noindex they are showing the ones that are indexed. Didn't fix the problem, just made it look better.

Edit Profile Page
    At bottom it will have "Show only Featured Hubs". Click NO and all hubs will appear. This will fix hubs not appearing for 24 hours and put back older hubs that have gotten the dreaded NOINDEX

On the same Edit Profile Page you can also also choose specific Hubs you wish to feature on the top.  It is located in the middle of the Edit Profile Page. The default is two but you an add more.  I have 5.