jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What helps you to generate a question?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

What helps you to generate a question?

The past few days being an exception, I generally only ask questions that I really want to know the answer to. It usually comes from a conversation with some one, an observation, or just general contemplation. What about you? Do you try and consider what questions might do well on HP? Do you generate as many questions as you can in one sitting to make sure you have a strong HP presence? What's your mode of questioning?

2. MarleneB profile image99
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I'm kind of like you. I only ask a question if I really do want an answer. If something pops into my head, I'll ask the question. Sometimes, my husband will get excited about something and then ask me to go on HubPages to ask a question. Asking a question just to be asking a question is certainly worthy, it's just not what I do.

3. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

Of course wanting an answer is the main reason to ever ask a question but I also consider how relative it is to HubPages.  I think it wouldn't do to ask questions like "what is your favorite color"....though it might to ask "what is your favorite subject to write about"....Asking questions can help us get answers and learn from other hubbers.

4. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

It is not often that I ask a question but when I do it usually is to engage conversations between hubbers. I find that even though I know my direction, hearing someone else's opinion on the same subjects helps me to understand the views of others and not just myself. I asked a question recently about the bagel head fad, although I know my own answer; hearing the views of others helped me to see that I was not alone in my opinion. I do like to find interesting things from time to time to engage conversation, it is not always about my needing an answer.I guess you could say that it is my way of indirectly conversing.

5. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

I come up with questions spontaneously, also from conversation or inspiration thinking about something. Generally something I'm curious about, other times just wanting to start an inquiry; and sometimes related to Hubpages, other times something I'd like to know or a problem I'm having -- for instance, once it was about a malfunctioning digital camera I had just purchased off Craigslist.

6. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Everyday life brings questions for me to ask.   It may be through something I experienced that day/week or a conversation I had.  So I ask the question either because I have not gotten a meaningful answer already or I just want to expand my thinking.

working