What is the difference between Question and Forum?

1. mastergreen profile image79
    mastergreenposted 3 years ago

What is the difference between Question and Forum?

Hi, What is the difference between asking a question and asking a question in the forum? And also, how does it affect the accolades that have to do with asking questions and answering them. Are the accolades only for the questions  or for the questions on the forums?

2. TolovajWordsmith profile image86
    TolovajWordsmithposted 3 years ago

Question: You make a question and hopefully get an answer (or several answers from different people). You can thank (or not) and that's about all. In this form you have probably very specific problem which very likely doesn't concern wider audience.

Forum: Your question can be much more than asking for a your solution for your specific problem. It can serve as a starting point of debate which may involve a lot of users. Everybody can reply, re-reply, etc.

There is of course a gray area and some details about indexation of both and some minor differences in accolades, which I am not familiar with. I had all sorts of accolades on one of similar sites and none brought any bread on my table, so I am afraid I can't be of much help in this part of the question ...

1. mastergreen profile image79
      mastergreenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

ok thank you.

working