jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Comments from viewer

1. C.S.Alexis profile image95
    C.S.Alexisposted 8 years ago

I just read this comment on one of my hubs. LMAO, thought someone else might get a kick from it also.
    Ken  says:
    4 hours ago

Those are pretty boring wings. Garlic Powder? Seriously? Fresh garlic trumps garlic powder every day of the week.

Why not try a marinade / sauce of: White Sugar (1 1/4 cup), soy sauce (1 cup), brown sugar (1/4 cup packed) sesame oil (1/4 cup), chili paste (1/4 cup), garlic (6 cloves), green onion (4 stalks), and ginger (1 tbsp)? Bring to boil. Add 1 cup water and then 1 tbsp cornstarch/water blended.

Marinate wings for 1 hour.

Bake on rack in pan at 350 for 1 hour covered

Broil uncovered to crisp up.

Toss wings in drippings in pan (fattening but delicious).
    ip: 24.64.132.123

Ken  says:
    4 hours ago

Those are pretty boring wings. Garlic Powder? Seriously? Fresh garlic trumps garlic powder every day of the week.

Why not try a marinade / sauce of: White Sugar (1 1/4 cup), soy sauce (1 cup), brown sugar (1/4 cup packed) sesame oil (1/4 cup), chili paste (1/4 cup), garlic (6 cloves), green onion (4 stalks), and ginger (1 tbsp)? Bring to boil. Add 1 cup water and then 1 tbsp cornstarch/water blended.

Marinate wings for 1 hour.

Bake on rack in pan at 350 for 1 hour covered

Broil uncovered to crisp up.

Toss wings in drippings in pan (fattening but delicious).
    ip: 98.228.151.201
    C.S.Alexis profile image

C.S.Alexis  says:
    1 second ago
    Edit Your Comment (open for 5 minutes)

Ken,

You like your recipe so much you posted it twice, so I will go with the flow.

I was wondering though????

Is candied garlic really any better than dried?

Best Regards,

C.S. Alexis

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thats funny. Good comeback CS>

2. wyanjen profile image79
    wyanjenposted 8 years ago

lol
    Was there a link?

This is great. Thanks for the laugh!

C.S.Alexisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No link, name Ken, in black.

3. BristolBoy profile image77
    BristolBoyposted 8 years ago

Was it on a hub linked to the comments in question eg about recipes etc.   I always seem to get spam comments which bear no resemblance at all to the hub.

It was just a random comment. I get a lot of viewers on this hub and this is really the first negative remark I have ever had on any hub. No big deal I just found it very funny and wanted to share the laugh.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

hehehe that is funny. C.S. you hsould post I tried your way and it was gross I'll stick with my way thanks big_smile

5. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 8 years ago

funny stuff, I get some weirdo comments myself... but that's the way the ball bounces big_smile

6. Stimp profile image76
    Stimpposted 8 years ago

I know nothing about cooking....like I DUST my stove.  At any rate, my response would have been "it all tastes the same, baby, when my foot is up your a%&"  But that's just me big_smile

Your comments are fun. I get a kick out of it. To each his own. Just wonder why people feel the need to knock others who have done nothing to them. Really is funny.

working