jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Links appearing in my hubs I did not create - what is happening?

1. GmaGoldie profile image77
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Links appearing in my hubs I did not create - what is happening?

I haven't been here in a while and I just noticed I have links to the terms "holiday shopping" to some website I have never seen. The link is obvious because I do not link in the first paragraph. Has my HP account been compromised? HELP! Anyone else experiencing or have experienced this? Is this hurting my standing with Google? And with HubPages quality?

2. eHealer profile image86
    eHealerposted 5 years ago

Hi GMA, I can't find your hub "holiday Shopping, " I did look at a holiday hub that you were at 3 hours ago, is that the one you've changed? Anyway, if you think your hub has been compromised, it might be a good idea to change your password, it won't hurt anything and it may keep a hacker from using your account. Also, check you adsense account and make sure it has not been compromised. hope this helps you, Deborah

3. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure it was on a hub (here on hubpages) and not on a lens (on squidoo)?  Squidoo automatically adds textual links, unless you disable it.

I've seen hubs here where even the writer himself referred to his hubs as lenses, so I know that writers who use both platforms can sometimes think they're on Squidoo when they're commenting on Hubpages, and vice versa.  I sometimes have several windows open simultaneously, and I see how it could get mixed up.

Other than that, try check the url of your hub and contact HP staff for help.

4. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Maybe somone has linked tags to your hub via their own hub....?

5. YogaKat profile image86
    YogaKatposted 5 years ago

I just now noticed a yellow warning box on my MacÊ»s display screen.  It was underneath my hubpages account bookmark. "Warning - This site is attempting to download multiple links."  Then it asked me to deny or allow . . . I denied.  Perhaps hubpages has been compromised:( If so its gonna be BAD for all of us!

6. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

I have not found myself in the same situation but have seen active links I did not put in my hubs and when I click on them they just say hubpages.  I just delete them and that seems to be the end of it.

7. GmaGoldie profile image77
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Check out this hub from one of my favorite writers - there are links that go to external sites. This is not how Linda writes.

http://lmmartin.hubpages.com/hub/Florid … ghborhoods

This is similar to what I saw in my hub. These links go to another site. This is not just happening to me.

I changed my password but I had to have help from HP staff to change my password.

HELP!

1. eHealer profile image86
      eHealerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I don't see any links in the text. Where are the links GMA?

working