jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What are ways hubbers can defeat their own purpose and send traffickers running?

1. Levertis Steele profile image85
    Levertis Steeleposted 5 years ago

What are ways hubbers can defeat their own purpose and send traffickers running?

Hubbers can actually send traffic in other directions rather than attract it. Many new hubbers make this mistake and regret it later.

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

It wouldn't be difficult to drive away visitors to your hub; having links in the text early on the article can do it.
    Poor grammar and abbreviations or "text writing" will make me leave.
    Also being controversial and making derogatory remarks about certain groups can accomplish this as well.
    One other method to keep readers away is to argue and put down their comments.

1. Seeker7 profile image95
      Seeker7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is an interesting answer as I'm really quite shocked at some of the rudeness from the writers of articles to people writing comments about their articles.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

An interesting question. Not sure about the traffickers part other than seeking buyers could possibly be what is sought. However, that points toward an endeavor of commerce and not necessarily exchange. Some hubs I have written sought that purpose of sending traffickers running and the rewards were significant. Reminds me of Steve McQueen in the series 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,' while considering what is 'wanted.'

I agree regarding 'some' new hubbers, more so since they are learning with seeing and doing, as listening is pondered. Teaching seems to gain the greatest reward, yet it is expensive. That adage 'nothing is taught until it is learned,' which is similar to 'nothing is sold until it is bought' comes to mind. Responsibility and accountability steps in around then too. Yet, again, purpose may be considered along a timeline of planning while adjustments are made seeking the destination, although that too could possibly be moving in space.

I am not sure if that wandering said much of anything, yet this author did learn.

tim

working