jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Sudden Fall in Traffic ?

1. gags3480 profile image72
    gags3480posted 5 years ago

Sudden Fall in Traffic ?

Why traffic on all my hubs has decreased considerably. I have promoted them a lot, much more than earlier but no views. Not even the average views which I used to get earlier. Did anyone else noticed it?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I have no idea, my account hasn't been updated for over 18 hours.

1. gags3480 profile image72
      gags3480posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe that's the problem. That';s why there is no change in my statistics in last 14-15 hours. Thanks mate.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome gags.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 5 years ago

I've also noticed a significant drop today.  I have about 2/3 less traffic today than I did each day in November and December.  I am relieved to know it is not just me.  I went on Google Analytics and my traffic is also very low according to Google.  Does anyone know if the site went down last night for a while?  I hope that is the only reason and not a change in where HubPages ranks again according to Google.

1. hugheshhrs profile image82
      hugheshhrsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

One of my hubs went down from over 400 hits a day to less than 30 a day over night! I am certain that this is caused by a problem in the hubpages program-not Google. How do we complain?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
      Jeannieinabottleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hugheshhrs - I suspect the issue is not with HubPages. Since my Google Analytics dropped as well, there really isn't the same amount of traffic coming in. I'll bet Google has changed its algorithm again and its changed how some hubs rank in searches.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that people are having these traffic problems. I know how that feels, ugh. I have not been affected (this time), my traffic is about the same. Just to let you know, it's not everyone at HubPages.

5. Mandy M S profile image91
    Mandy M Sposted 5 years ago

I've been over 1000 views a day and have dropped down to 340 in the last 24 hours. I googled my keywords and I am still ranking the same as before.  Makes me wonder if it's a hubpages thing, or did everyone suddenly stop searching?

1. Jeannieinabottle profile image91

It sounds like it is only happening to certain hubbers. I hope somehow there is some quirk in the system and everyone will have better views tomorrow. Your story sounds very similar to mine. I noticed my Wizzley views have not dropped, just Hubpages.

2. gags3480 profile image72
      gags3480posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really sad to hear. Dont know how it happened but now my traffic has again boosted up.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91

Last time Google made an algorithm change, my stats kept going up too when others went down.  This time, I am the one losing the traffic.  It happens.

working