jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How can there be many more slideshow views than page views?

1. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

How can there be many more slideshow views than page views?

I have a hub that has had 7 pageviews in the last day, but has had 282 slideshow views in the last day. I can see one or two people clicking on the pictures more than once, but not 7 people viewing the slideshow 282 times.

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

Yes, I posted the same question. One of my Hubs got at least 4 times as many slide show views as it did page views. I was wondering why, also. I know if you watch a slide show of one hub, there's suggestions for other slide shows. Or maybe people are finding them on Google images; that almost doesn't seem likely.

3. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

Yeah, that's interesting. I just went to check if I had such an anomaly for any of my hubs and noticed that the slideshow views are no longer listed at all! Perhaps they have removed this and what you saw was an unwanted side-effect during the changeover?

4. Novel Treasure profile image91
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

My guess would be that they are seeing your pictures through google images instead of clicking on the actual article itself.

5. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

Could be the pictures you posted are more attractive than the writing. I have one or two Hub-pages where the slide views outnumber the page views. They're usually travel features. I don't know how they manage it, though. I thought as soon as you clicked on the title you got the page up - you've got to be on the page to scroll down, or am I missing something?

1. UnnamedHarald profile image98
      UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's what confused me, too: to get to the slide show, you have to view the page. But, as has been mentioned above, perhaps slideshows are accessible separately by search engines like Google images?

working