jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I have a hub that has been unpublished for being over promotional. Can someone h

1. lhale profile image72
    lhaleposted 5 years ago

I have a hub that has been unpublished for being over promotional. Can someone help me with this?

The hub is 800 words. It has 2 ebay modules and 4 Amazon modules, and one suggested link to an Amazon page I made. It's not even an active link. How are we supposed to make money if we can't even suggest another link? And I didn't think six modules for an 800 word hub was too much. Can some one explain how to fix this?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

Are they separate modules? You need about 50 or more words per module, which it seems like you have. The extra link may have put you overboard.

Also consider any links to your other hubs and suggesting that your readers go to them. That may be considered overly promotional by some people who flag hubs.

Email the moderation team and ask for suggestions.

1. lhale profile image72
      lhaleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have two ebay modules and four Amazon modules. Six total products for 800 word article. Also, I thought we were supposed to link to other hubs; just as a way to make readers aware of related subject matter???

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 5 years ago

I believe the rule is 50 words for each Amazon product.  If you only have one product per module, I can't imagine what the issue would be.  However, if you have more than 4 products per module, you are going to want to delete a module or some products.

Also, one of my hubs was once unpublished because I used to same link 3 times.  I was simply placing the link in the photo modules to credit the photos, but it was considered too much.  Make sure to take out links if they were used more than twice.... this includes any links in photo modules.

If all else fails, this hub from a moderator should help: http://maddieruud.hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional

1. lhale profile image72
      lhaleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have a total of six products, two each showing examples of three separate modules. Way more than 50 words for each product. I have looked through other hubs and find lots more than this in many of them. May just delete it and move it to Squidoo.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I had a shorter hub but wanted to update to bring it out of idle.  So I added another module and got a warning - so I guess they only want a certain number of modules per hub. I use one Amazon and one Ebay and that is it per hub regardless of length.

working