jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Has someone ever stollen your hub?

1. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 5 years ago

Has someone ever stollen your hub?

If yes, how did you realize it? And what action did you take?

2. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 5 years ago

Hey Ronhi,
    Yes, someone stole my hub, I was searching for my keywords and a squidoo lens popped up with almost the exact title, I left a comment in the comment box on the lens and reported it a spun copy of my original, I didn't get any results though. It's a real eye opener, knowing that we have no control over what happens to our content once it published.

1. Ms Dee profile image89
      Ms Deeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is more an update to Ronhi that what fortunately worked to get the duplicate of my hub removed was not the complaint I sent, but a comment I left at the bottom of the posted duplicate (like eddie here suggests) asking just a portion be quoted.

3. Ms Dee profile image89
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Yes, exact same title and content. I've sent the owner of the site a DMCA complaint and am waiting for them to take it down.

1. ronhi profile image75
      ronhiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hey, Dee, whats a DMCA complaint?

2. Ms Dee profile image89
      Ms Deeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Here's the link to the Learning Center about what to do: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

4. Phelcky profile image60
    Phelckyposted 5 years ago

I don't know.. but I sure hope not smile
    I think I would freak out if someone stole my hubs.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I've had many of my hubs stolen. My wife found the first one on a lark when she was doing a google search for my article. You can locate them by taking a chunk out of your article and searching for it in quotation marks. Really, the only thing you can do is file a DMCA complaint with google to have it removed from their search engine. So far, they've removed all duplicates of mine. Hubpages has an article somewhere on here about how to file the complaint.

6. oceanuniverse profile image61
    oceanuniverseposted 5 years ago

No! No one has even stollen my hub. But people who do that is very sad and so childish.

working