jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a way to select which ads appear on my hubpages articles?

1. btulloh098 profile image59
    btulloh098posted 5 years ago

Is there a way to select which ads appear on my hubpages articles?

I know there are many schools and training programs that come up in Google Adsense on other sites, but they are not appearing on my articles.  For example, on my article re: Health and Wellness Coaching, I would hope to see something like The Institute for Integrative Nutrition advertising, which offers a certificate in this coaching.  But, instead the ads are not very helpful, in my opinion. Is there a way to adapt or tweak any of the ads? I would have thought my keywords and tags would have helped...  Thanks for your thoughts!!

2. Forthefuture profile image75
    Forthefutureposted 5 years ago

well actually hubpages doesn't aloow us to which ads we wanted to see on our articles. But if we are using only adsense program than it gives every freedom on showing ads on our blogs or website. But when you are asking for only hubpages, till now i know it's not possible.

3. mattforte profile image90
    mattforteposted 5 years ago

The ads are cookie based. Your keywords have an impact..but your browsing/search history has way more of an impact on what is shown. So...whatever you are seeing is going to be completely different than what I see when I read your hubs. So really...just don't worry about it.

This is for the best anyway - it means your readers are getting ads targeted to them regardless of what they are reading about. This is proven to increase CTR.

4. sonykuddi profile image39
    sonykuddiposted 5 years ago

That is not actually possible. Google will place ads as per the content of the hub. Suppose your hub is about fitness then ads will be about medicines, gym etc, suppose your hub is related to stock market on that hub ads will be shown related to financial investment options.

1. wqaindia profile image79
      wqaindiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

sonykuddi, I do agree with you. Google ads are displayed as per content of the hubs. But sometimes the ads are also displayed as per the reader's taste. Adsense publisher can block ads from specific URL's and for specific categories and products.

5. ReefAdvise profile image70
    ReefAdviseposted 5 years ago

no, they chose your adds for you. they review your site and put relevant adds on it.

6. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

Depending on the browser, Google will put ads on a person's page related to what their search history is.  I do think that some ads will match a page after a while and Google has had the bot go through.   You can do some tweaking of what sorts of ads appear on all your pages by going through your Google account.  You can't choose ads you do want displayed but you can choose categories of ads you don't want displayed, such as gambling ads.  There are a number of different categories to choose from.

working