jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I move an article from another site without it becoming a duplicate copy?

1. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

How do I move an article from another site without it becoming a duplicate copy?

If I have an article on another site that I would like to move to Hubpages, will it show up as duplicate if I publish it after I have unpublished it on the other site.  Do I need to delete it from the other site?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Just move it here and keep it unpublished, delete it from the other site....and wait until you it doesn't show up in a Google search before publishing it here.

You absolutely need to delete it from the other site...and then you probably need to wait a couple of days for it to be de-indexed.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

HubPages may reject it if you republish it too soon after removing it from another site.  Many people wait until it no longer appears in Google Cache, and then move it.  You can check if Google still has a cached copy by searching for the exact url or exact title.

4. MG Singh profile image43
    MG Singhposted 5 years ago

A simple method is to rewrite the article with the same theme and facts. In that case you need not remove it from the other site

working