jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

A stupid question! Who does the "Facebook Like" box next to the hub article belo

1. Bake Like a Pro profile image78
    Bake Like a Proposted 5 years ago

A stupid question! Who does the "Facebook Like" box next to the hub article belongs to?

Does it belong to the person who posted the article?

2. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 5 years ago

hmm...good question I always assumed any one could use it to post the hub to their  Facebook account? Although I use it if a particular hub I've written applies to certain friends I can then "share" it to them via Facebook page. Will wait with you for the answer to this one... I really don't know.

Bake Like a Proposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought the same too Laura but after liking some articles I checked my facebook wall and nothing was posted there. So we wait together then smile

3. Sushma Webber profile image84
    Sushma Webberposted 5 years ago

Hi, when you use the Facebook 'Like' button on a hub it will lead you to a sign in box and you can log in to your account and share the article with your friends. It has nothing to do with the author of the hub. Hope that was helpful.

Thank you Sushma. I must have been logged on when I clicked on the like button but it's strange that I could not find it on my Facebook hmm.

2. Sushma Webber profile image84
      Sushma Webberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting when I clicked 'Like' I too did not see it on my wall. So I ended up posting it again.

4. Geekdom profile image91
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

The Facebook Like, Tweet, and Pin buttons are basically short cuts for people to like, tweet or pin the article/page without having to actually go to their corresponding account.  They do have to be signed on in order for these buttons to work. It is great way for people to socially share your stuff on the internet. 

I found when I just "Liked" something it did not appear on my Facebook feed. If I liked and added a short comment it did appear on my feed. 

Also, there are no stupid questions. Everybody has to start learning somewhere and that usually begins with a question.

Thank you so much Geekdom. That makes sense! I am learning something new every day from hubbers here. I appreciate your last comment smile.

2. Sushma Webber profile image84
      Sushma Webberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Geekdom for your answer and Bake Like a Pro for your question. You have solved a mystery for me.

working