jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible to create labels for your hubs?

1. MarieAlana1 profile image72
    MarieAlana1posted 5 years ago

Is it possible to create labels for your hubs?

I have been creating keywords and labels for my other online articles. Is it possible to create lables or keywords for your hubs?

2. mattforte profile image92
    mattforteposted 5 years ago

Labels, or "tags" are pretty irrelevant...so HubPages removed them. The keywords you use in your article and in your summary are how your article will be found so just focus on that.

There are "groups" however, and once you get enough hubs published - I highly recommend utilizing them. Grouping like hubs together will increase your overall views, since visitors will be more likely to check out multiple pages this way.

1. Wasteless Project profile image92
      Wasteless Projectposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I remembered putting tags to my articles, but now I suddenly couldn't find that option anymore and was wondering if my browser was a bit screwy... here I got my answer;)

3. nikhilchandra profile image78
    nikhilchandraposted 5 years ago

No it is not and wisely so as labels only create unnecessary links and often result in canonical issue especially when it comes to content. Labels only create multiple index of same page (ironically it only happens in Google not in Bing). Instead as suggested by mattforte you may levarage the "Group" feature which Hubpages provide to group your related articles. Just like Boards on Pinterests :-)

4. profile image0
    Vickiwposted 5 years ago

Whew, another thing that Hub has taken care of so that I don't have to confuse my poor brain some more! Glad to know we don't have to do this. I am perfectly content the way things are now, and tend to be a bit computer challenged, not to mention the computer speak stuff!