jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does a featured hub get onto a search engine?

1. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 5 years ago

How does a featured hub get onto a search engine?

I am recently overjoyed that some of my better blogs have become featured.  But do I need to do anything else?
    I say this because a clip / pop up read "...there is a chance your blog will make it onto a search engine."
    What does it mean by "A chance"?  -Is there a chance it won't?  How is this?

2. daydreams profile image97
    daydreamsposted 5 years ago

As far as I know you just have to wait and see really... I don't seem to have any problem so far getting hubs featured, but not sure they are showing up on google.

I think you can help a little if you post links to your hubs on other sites (e.g. twitter - but without spamming)

3. Mr. Thinktank profile image78
    Mr. Thinktankposted 5 years ago

hubpages determines whether or not to put your hub as featured based on a variety of factors. Once they determine that your hub would be good to have high in the search engines, then they optimize it for you without any effort on your end.

4. dailytop10 profile image89
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

I think it depends on how much competition there is on your hub's topic/chosen keyword phrase.Your hub will surely make it on first page with less competition if given a featured status. On the other hand, your chances are slim if your hub focuses on high-competition keywords especially if you don't implement effective SEO strategies.