jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you add a custom photo to your profile's background?

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years ago

How do you add a custom photo to your profile's background?

When I try to add a custom photo to my profile background, I upload it, and drag it to the into the bio section (which works for the default pictures). It looks like it works when in the edit section, but when I save the changes and look on my profile, I notice that the background turns blue (one of the colors within my photo), but the photo doesn't show. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. dailytop10 profile image90
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Your image might be very big. Try to decrease its dimensions.Good luck!

3. annart profile image85
    annartposted 5 years ago

The drag and drop square in your edit profile section, where the options for photos are, tells you if the photo is too big and can reduce it for you.  I found that the trick is to have the colourful, interesting bits of the photo at the sides, as the profile text blocks the centre of your picture.  Makes the site more interesting to have a photo though.  Hope you get there!

Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'll check it out again.

4. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years ago

I'm not trying to answer my question, I'm trying to comment on dailytop10's response: Other ones I tried wouldn't finish uploading because they said it was too big. But this is smaller, and it looks to be small enough. I'm unsure how to decrease the dimensions, but I will play around with it. Thanks for the answer.

Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I figured out how to decrease the size, thanks Annart and Dailytop10!

working