jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)

Profile background

1. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 8 weeks ago

Please check my profile background. I have my own photo up but it's not working, looks glitchy. I've noticed this for sometime now but it seems to be getting worse. Will check back later. Thanks.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

True. It is very awkward. Not selected the size properly. The right-side is blank. And, it is not covering the entire page like mine when you scroll down. You need to select a good size one and select the options in the toolbox properly.

I have selected from their own images and ticked the Tile Background box. But, it seems you had your own image uploaded without checking whether it fits the page or not.

2. bravewarrior profile image96
      bravewarriorposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I have my own background photo as well. I just checked it. It fills the page and I don't have "tile" checked for the photo. Did your photo fill the page before, Jan?

1. kenneth avery profile image79
        kenneth averyposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

@bravewarrior,
        Hello. Long time since I've seen you. Take good care and have a safe night.

3. kenneth avery profile image79

@janshares: I appreciate your heads-up on this problem. But if you notice my profile photo, I have never changed it. Well, maybe in the beginning, but with the way HP is sometimes--like a house of cards, one card falls, they all fall.
      Just how my profile photo will be. When I change my profile photo, something will go wrong.
      Jan, go to team@hubpages.com
      and advise them of this.

jansharesposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, Kenneth.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Put the photo on Picmonkey .com and do some editing that will make it sharper.  Other than that,  I don't see a problem.

2. RTalloni profile image86
    RTalloniposted 8 weeks ago

Looks like the background photo is too small.

jansharesposted 8 weeks ago in reply to this

It's the photo I uploaded 4 years ago. I haven't changed it. Maybe it doesn't jibe with site format anymore. I'll try re-uploading later.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Ever person's screen is set to a different size.  you photo is one set size.  it will cover a different amount of the screen to other people and to you based on what screen settings they are using.

Before you were probably using a small screen or screen setting so the photo filled the space--some update has changed this setting.  If one photo covering the entire screen is the effect you want you need a photo that fills the largest common screen size which is 1920x1080 pixels.

Thanks, psycheskinner. I will check it later.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 8 weeks ago

And you have not selected for it to "tile" to fill the space?

jansharesposted 8 weeks ago in reply to this

No.

4. Blond Logic profile image91
    Blond Logicposted 8 weeks ago

Are you referring to your profile photo? It looks fine to me. I am viewing it on a laptop, perhaps on a mobile device, it may be different.

No, he refers to the background. It's not okay.

2. janshares profile image90

You should see green trees and hills. I'll fix it later, photo is on my desktop.

5. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 7 weeks ago

Yes.

6. janshares profile image90

It's fine on my Kindle. The problem is on wide screen desktop, perhaps? Wherefore art thou, Matt?

7. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 7 weeks ago

Jan's not talking about her profile picture - she's talking about the background on her profile page.

People, read the posts properly!

@theraggededge,
      smile So sorry. I will try in the future to do what you say.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

big_smile Not necessarily aimed at you Ken. Sometimes these threads are like Chinese whispers. The first one misinterprets and then the conversation goes in a completely new, and sometimes bizarre, direction. Amusing, often.

smile theraggededge:
          that is fine. No problem. In fact, I am on a short sabbatical and really, I just logged onto this site out of habit, but I am always learning something regardless. Peace.

8. janshares profile image90

Okay, it's fixed now. Thanks again, psycheskinner. I uploaded the larger pixel pic but it was too large. I put the original smaller pixel pic back then clicked the tile option to fill in the space.

Yes, It looks fine now. I am glad you got it.

9. janshares profile image90

Thanks, I think it looks okay now.

Great!

working