Did you use your own photo for your profile page ?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)
  1. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

Did you use your own photo for your profile page ?

if you did let me know and I will go look at it ! I used this one ! Are you happy with it ? I believe we cannot change them at anytime .

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7181865_f260.jpg

2. Rosyel Sawali profile image61
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 11 years ago

Did you mean background photo for the profile? I simply chose from the ones provided by HubPages. ^_^

freecampingaussieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I wanted to have a look at the photos people chose for an original look on hubpages . I love mine as you can see the trees each side !

3. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 11 years ago

You have an awesome picture used as background or backdraft. I still have to choose a more personal one to suit the theme of my profile page. Thanks for asking. smile

4. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7183894_f260.jpg

I spent hours on the web looking for one. I will try to add the image here but I've never tried adding an image to an answer so I hope it worked. I like the way it looks on my profile as you can only see the trees on the side of the page.

Thanks for answering ! I had a look & It looks good with the trees to the left clouds on the right ! Tough choosing but they look good when you choose your own picture aye !

2. JakeFrost profile image60
      JakeFrostposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yea, it definitely is tough finding one that is the right size and doesn't need to be 'squeezed' onto the page.

5. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

My background photo was one that I found on the web. Its a picture of the Bialowieza forest in Poland, its the one of the last truly primeval forests in Europe and a place that I hope to visit someday.

It looks like an amazing place to visit - will put it on my list for next year to visit when in Europe .

6. christin53 profile image83
    christin53posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7098665_f260.jpg

Yes I did because I wanted an original background,so I made a montage out of my own flower photos. I will probably change it when I have more photos I want to display,

Wow - what a good idea and it looks really good ! I thought once we picked a photo it can never be changed thats why I hesitated . I prefer to be stuck with one of my photos rather than a default background though.

7. Violet Flame profile image64
    Violet Flameposted 11 years ago

Ha ha I just found the new profile layout option yesterday and discovered that we could upload a photo of our own choice for the background. So I chose this lovely picture I chanced upon on the web recently. Sadly all the lovely picture in the middle is covered up. Do you like it?

I do like it - very unusual patterns & looks good !

8. nanderson500 profile image79
    nanderson500posted 11 years ago

Yeah, I do now. I used to use a picture of Mount Rainer, but now that's my background pic.

9. aspiretoinspire profile image58
    aspiretoinspireposted 11 years ago

Hey fellow Aussie!

I did use my own photo for my profile pic - it's of Coogee Beach on Australia day a few years ago smile

10. Diana Lee profile image76
    Diana Leeposted 11 years ago

I used a picture of a Texas sunset my grandson took. It doesn't really show much of it, but it looks alright.

I had a look at it & I love the colours in it - looks really nice !

11. bankscottage profile image92
    bankscottageposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7187477_f260.jpg

I like your background picture.  i used a picture of the Burnside Bridge from Antietam, MD (scene of the bloodiest single day battle in the US Civil War.), but you only see the edges on my profile page.
    I'm not sure if you can change to another personal picture, but I would think you would at least be able to change to one of the stock backgrounds.

I like being able to see the trees in the background ! I am enjoying looking at the backgrounds . You also have some great hubs I need to read for planning our trip next year !

12. profile image0
    nikashi_designsposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7198641_f260.jpg

Great Photograph,
    Fits your style very well. I decided to make my own, still a work in progress. Wanted to use the space to tell a bit more about myself and my interest. As mentioned, still working on the format...want to have a Hubpages feel to it but be unique at the same time. Wrote an article on how to create a Twitter background, branding of sorts. And yes, you can change the image as often as you like...I keep the same image name, just keep uploading and refreshing. Let me know your thoughts on my image. Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)