jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I just noticed that one of my featured hubs got "un-featured" :( What could be t

1. nehanatu86 profile image86
    nehanatu86posted 5 years ago

I just noticed that one of my featured hubs got "un-featured" sad What could be the reason for this?

Could it be due to fall in traffic? Or is it just content based? Do you think I should try making changes in the content and try to resubmit it? Would that help?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, it could be all that you have mentioned. Definitely do some editing and it will become featured again in around 24 hours.

nehanatu86posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response JThomp.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome nehanatu86.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Welcome to the world of "Idled" Hubs...happens to everybody. Don't panic. Just re-edit the Hub, give it a few tweaks, and send it back out there again.

Thanks FatFreddysCat. I will try that out.

4. coleikerd profile image82
    coleikerdposted 5 years ago

I would venture to guess it's falling traffic on the hub. The help page does say ratings are determined by quality of the hub and traffic. If you edit the hub, it will get a second look and will be shared again. This might bring up the traffic.

Per the help page (http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs):

"How the Quality Assessment Process Works

The Quality Assessment Process incorporates several factors, including:

-Ratings of a Hub’s quality as determined by people using the Hub Hopper
    -Ratings of a Hub’s quality as determined by automated metrics
    -Analysis of the how engaged readers are with a Hub over an extended period of time

As Hubs mature, are edited, and are expanded upon, they are reviewed again by the Quality Assessment Process. This means that any Hub may eventually become Featured, and vice-versa."

Thank you for the tips coleikerd. smile Editing the hub and republishing might be a good idea. Will try that. Thanks!

5. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

There could be multiple reasons, however I have a quick fix for those nasty idled hubs, that will get your idled hub back into the lime light fast - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status I hope this helps you out.

Great! Thanks Goody5 for the quick fix.

working