jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

The life of a Hub?

1. Bishop55 profile image93
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

The life of a Hub?

I can't find the answer to this.  Once you publish a Hub and stay active, how long does that Hub live?  Is it immortal?  Do Hubs ever get deleted?   Or stop having earning potential?  Other than score dropping.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Once you publish a Hub, it is out there forever. You may have to do some editing time to time to keep it fresh on Google. Hubpages will let you know if they are idle by not having the "H" beside them.

3. Learning in Life profile image94
    Learning in Lifeposted 4 years ago

I don't have an answer for you but I'm curious of the same thing. How long is the earning potential lifespan?

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

As long as you get traffic, you will get paid.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Idle means it has been de-indexed and Google robots do not see it.  So, hub may be there, but unless you send the URL to somebody, they won't find it. So there goes organic traffic.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I think it really depends on the hub. If it's an "evergreen" topic that gets searched for on the Internet and provides answers a lot of people are looking for, and it has the perfect keywords, then it could get plenty of views for a very long time.

However, if it's on a topic with lots of competition or very few searches, and/or not especially informative, or it's lacking in searched for keywords, it will likely be "unfeatured" before long.

Of course there is an element of luck to which hubs do well. No matter how great the information in your hub is, if Google does not send traffic your way then people won't be able to find it.

working