jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I have noticed that I am getting a lot more views but a lot less $ has anyone el

1. Tyler Bracken profile image81
    Tyler Brackenposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that I am getting a lot more views but a lot less $ has anyone else seen this?

I have been working on backlinks and other thing to bring in traffic. I used to get half the view I am getting now but I am getting a third at best of what I used to earn. If you have more/less hubs does that influence anything? obviously, if you have more hubs you have potentially more views, but I mean when the earnings are being worked out.

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Essentially, yes.  I'm getting a nearly the views I was at my peak (so far!) last September, but am seeing only 40-50% the revenue.  I think it has to do with Google ad rates, but would like to know more on this issue!

3. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Sadly yes I've noticed the same thing over the winter.

Most of my portfolio is related to sports with the odd travel related bit added and these are generally warmer weather activities so advertisers are always potentially going to pay less outside of peak periods.

I certainly expect my cycling related hub earnings to raise during May June and July on the run up to the Tour De France. I've started concentrating on events and sports that fall at other points in the year which make be more advert specific.

Is your portfolio affected by the seasons or do you think there are key points during the year that will be favourable for advertisers? This hubbing malarky is hard enough to get the traffic let alone make good money from it so you're at least part way there. Good luck. CF

4. profile image33
    heatherlynn22posted 5 years ago

hey at least u get the money i did my first hub about a mouth ago and havent seen anything so im just on thist to right i am a writer for fun

1. Naresh4u profile image59
      Naresh4uposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think ur hub is not published yet............

5. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

Same thing here. Tons more traffic but my earnings have dropped a great deal.