jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Banned from Hubpages? Can one give some more clarification?

1. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
    purnimamoh1982posted 4 years ago

Banned from Hubpages? Can one give some more clarification?

I understand that many hubbers have multiple accounts. It may be useful to organise hubs in specific themes, subject lines and from a sense of being anonymous. My question is, suppose a hubber has two profiles in two different names with one single paypal account attached. Suppose one of them gets banned for some reason. Does it mean that the other one is also going to be banned?

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 4 years ago

I've only ever had one account, but I believe banning is done on an account basis.  If you have multiple accounts, you're only supposed to use one in the forums, and if that one gets banned, you are technically not supposed to post using your other account(s). But in practice you probably won't get caught unless you repeat your pattern of behavior with the other accounts.

If you're talking about the entire account being banned, I don't think your other accounts will get banned too unless they are also in violation.  You can always appeal a ban.  I suppose the best advice is try not to commit TOS violations.

1. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
      purnimamoh1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks a lot for your answer. I too have only one account. But I am interested to know whether I can make another account with same paypal id.

2. A_K profile image77
      A_Kposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand the logic of opening two accounts. I mean what is your goal? The one goal I can immediately see is to find out which one is generating more revenues if you wish to compare with two sets of articles for two different accounts.

3. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
      purnimamoh1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is precisely what I am interested in. But there are some other motives as well. I am interested in writing something anonymously. I mean hiding my identity from some people who know me for some specific kinds of hubs.

3. gags3480 profile image80
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

Even I have 2 different a/c's on Hubpages with 2 different names and 1 paypal a/c. But, i am not banned for that for sure. There must be a different reason for your ban.
    Contact Hubpages team for clarification.

working