jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Where are all the other "zero's" at? (Hub score of zero or very very low). Am I

1. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image81
    CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 5 years ago

Where are all the other "zero's" at? (Hub score of zero or very very low). Am I all alone out here?

2. UnknownWon profile image60
    UnknownWonposted 5 years ago

I'm here. Its so irritating, I spend so much time on here and its bad enough that adsense won't link to this account, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get anything to work out here. I put up hubs, they get deleted no matter what. I do a video hub, work very hard on it, and it gets deleted for a less than stellar reason and I can't get a real honest answer. So how are we supposed to get in with this place? Is this a sham?

1. dailytop10 profile image91
      dailytop10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Deleted for what reason? Only hubs with serious violations are unpublished. You can always redo them and follow automated suggestions from the system to correct your wrongs.

2. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image81
      CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What reason did they give you?

3. UnknownWon profile image60
      UnknownWonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Apparently my hubs were "too personal" I don't get it. Plus my video was said that it had too many ads and I was advertising and such. I just had a picture up so that no one could see my face.

It sucks too, I worked really hard on that video.

4. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image81

Maybe if you took the picture off the video it would help? I'm definitely not one to take advice from, but look! Your score jumped to a one! Well done! ;-)

5. UnknownWon profile image60

Long story short, I feel like I have to keep my identity secret due to things outside of my control. It wouldn't be permanent and all I have on the picture is an email address that's all. Its not even a promotion its just an email address

6. dailytop10 profile image91

I never tried uploading a video here in Hubpages so I'm of no help to you in this situation. But it's too early to give up. Why not make a new hub? This time, follow the guidelines posted in the Learning center and you'll surely have a good start.

3. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

I started with a 0 hubscore as well so don't despair. Consider it as a challenge. It's all about having a better perspective. Never forget that with a 0 hubscore, you don't have anywhere to go than up. Welcome to Hubpages and good luck!

Awwww. Thanks! That's just what I needed to hear. You are right. How bad can it get from here?  The funny thing is I am already making money so I guess it shouldn't matter....

2. dailytop10 profile image91

True. Earning here in Hubpages is possible and it's fulfilling to be paid for doing what you love.

4. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 5 years ago

It has to do with your habit of following other hubbers. You have become a follower instead of being a leader.The more you lead, others will follow in the process. My advice is to stop following other hubbers to promote yourself, and slowly your hubscore will increase. You cannot lead by following just as you cannot follow by leading; it self refutes.

This is not a personal attack on you, but my own reasoning to why Hubpages has given you a zero.

That's really helpful, thanks. I was following a lot of people because I thought this site worked like another I'd been on. I wanted to see a bunch of hubs on similar topics so I could learn what I was doing. I've only been here three days...

2. UnknownWon profile image60

But where does it say you have to be a 'leader'? I would think that following people would help you to promote other people by bringing more attention to them, and helping to establish dialogue and conversation. False social media.

3. PlanksandNails profile image85
      PlanksandNailsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Leader" was an analogy of why I believe your score is/was at zero from my own experiences of what I've seen here. I would suggest reading the Hubpages terms of use. There may be a bit of a learning curve here at the start. Welcome both to Hubpages.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

PlanksandNails is correct in saying that following many people can lower your score, but many have bounced back from that. I wonder if posting so many hubs in such a short amount of time may have contributed to your low score also. It may seem like spam to HubPages' automated system. You may want to pace yourself. It's just my own theory.

6. Anna Haven profile image84
    Anna Havenposted 5 years ago

When I first joined seven weeks ago my hub score went down to zero within the first week, I had only followed a few people so it wasn't affected by that. The good news is that after that, it started to climb and then eventually stabilised.

I wouldn't worry at all it will rise soon, just continue to publish interesting hubs and interact within the community.

I found your hub interesting and full of good ideas.  I am sure that soon your hub score will increase  smile

working