Where are all the other "zero's" at? (Hub score of zero or very very low). Am I

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image68
    CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 11 years ago

Where are all the other "zero's" at? (Hub score of zero or very very low). Am I all alone out here?

2. UnknownWon profile image61
    UnknownWonposted 11 years ago

I'm here. Its so irritating, I spend so much time on here and its bad enough that adsense won't link to this account, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get anything to work out here. I put up hubs, they get deleted no matter what. I do a video hub, work very hard on it, and it gets deleted for a less than stellar reason and I can't get a real honest answer. So how are we supposed to get in with this place? Is this a sham?

1. dailytop10 profile image87
      dailytop10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted for what reason? Only hubs with serious violations are unpublished. You can always redo them and follow automated suggestions from the system to correct your wrongs.

2. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image68
      CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What reason did they give you?

3. UnknownWon profile image61
      UnknownWonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Apparently my hubs were "too personal" I don't get it. Plus my video was said that it had too many ads and I was advertising and such. I just had a picture up so that no one could see my face.

It sucks too, I worked really hard on that video.

4. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image68

Maybe if you took the picture off the video it would help? I'm definitely not one to take advice from, but look! Your score jumped to a one! Well done! ;-)

5. UnknownWon profile image61

Long story short, I feel like I have to keep my identity secret due to things outside of my control. It wouldn't be permanent and all I have on the picture is an email address that's all. Its not even a promotion its just an email address

6. dailytop10 profile image87

I never tried uploading a video here in Hubpages so I'm of no help to you in this situation. But it's too early to give up. Why not make a new hub? This time, follow the guidelines posted in the Learning center and you'll surely have a good start.

3. dailytop10 profile image87
    dailytop10posted 11 years ago

I started with a 0 hubscore as well so don't despair. Consider it as a challenge. It's all about having a better perspective. Never forget that with a 0 hubscore, you don't have anywhere to go than up. Welcome to Hubpages and good luck!

Awwww. Thanks! That's just what I needed to hear. You are right. How bad can it get from here?  The funny thing is I am already making money so I guess it shouldn't matter....

2. dailytop10 profile image87

True. Earning here in Hubpages is possible and it's fulfilling to be paid for doing what you love.

4. PlanksandNails profile image82
    PlanksandNailsposted 11 years ago

It has to do with your habit of following other hubbers. You have become a follower instead of being a leader.The more you lead, others will follow in the process. My advice is to stop following other hubbers to promote yourself, and slowly your hubscore will increase. You cannot lead by following just as you cannot follow by leading; it self refutes.

This is not a personal attack on you, but my own reasoning to why Hubpages has given you a zero.

That's really helpful, thanks. I was following a lot of people because I thought this site worked like another I'd been on. I wanted to see a bunch of hubs on similar topics so I could learn what I was doing. I've only been here three days...

2. UnknownWon profile image61

But where does it say you have to be a 'leader'? I would think that following people would help you to promote other people by bringing more attention to them, and helping to establish dialogue and conversation. False social media.

3. PlanksandNails profile image82
      PlanksandNailsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Leader" was an analogy of why I believe your score is/was at zero from my own experiences of what I've seen here. I would suggest reading the Hubpages terms of use. There may be a bit of a learning curve here at the start. Welcome both to Hubpages.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

PlanksandNails is correct in saying that following many people can lower your score, but many have bounced back from that. I wonder if posting so many hubs in such a short amount of time may have contributed to your low score also. It may seem like spam to HubPages' automated system. You may want to pace yourself. It's just my own theory.

6. Anna Haven profile image72
    Anna Havenposted 11 years ago

When I first joined seven weeks ago my hub score went down to zero within the first week, I had only followed a few people so it wasn't affected by that. The good news is that after that, it started to climb and then eventually stabilised.

I wouldn't worry at all it will rise soon, just continue to publish interesting hubs and interact within the community.

I found your hub interesting and full of good ideas.  I am sure that soon your hub score will increase  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)