jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)

Why are some of my hub titles appearing in purple?

1. BlossomSB profile image94
    BlossomSBposted 5 years ago

Why are some of my hub titles appearing in purple?

It doesn't seem to be anything to do with their age as some are older and one was only published yesterday. There does not seem to be an explanation in the list at the bottom of the page.

2. Annette R. Smith profile image89
    Annette R. Smithposted 5 years ago

Hi, Bronwen. I have noticed this, too. The ones in purple seem to be hubs that I have recently interacted with in some way: an edit or comment, for example. I'll be waiting with you for an answer.

BlossomSBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It must be something new as I haven't seen it before.

3. heeyoo profile image61
    heeyooposted 5 years ago

I think they are purple because you clicked that link recently. This seems to be the same thing as google searches where a link you already clicked is purple and the ones you didn't click are still blue.

I'll have to check and see if that is what has happened.

4. Missy Mac profile image81
    Missy Macposted 5 years ago

Thanks for this question:  I have noticed that 2 of my Hubs are in purple and several traffic web addresses are in purple.  I check back for the answer.

I'm still checking, too.

5. MGlobal profile image61
    MGlobalposted 5 years ago

Its not only hub titles, but anything you clicked on recently turns purple. I was going to ask this question a few days ago when I 1st noticed it.

1. kianricks profile image39
      kianricksposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I also noticed that recently..

2. BlossomSB profile image94

Sounds like King Midas! LOL. Just so long as everything doesn't turn purple. Then we'll know it really is a problem.

6. BlossomSB profile image94
    BlossomSBposted 5 years ago

Nothing bad seems to have happened to our hubs, so I guess it's OK. Thanks for all the helpful ideas.

7. Cyndi10 profile image88
    Cyndi10posted 5 years ago

I don't have the answer, but I am curious. I'll keep checking back to see if there is an answer posted. It doesn't seem to have any adverse affect however, which is good since a few of mine are purple.

Yes. I'm not sure that I've really clicked on all the ones that are purple recently.

8. naturalife profile image91
    naturalifeposted 5 years ago

I noticed that too and will keep checking this question for more answers.  Thank you BlossomSB for raising it.

It's a puzzlement, so we'll just have to keep checking.

9. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

I was hoping HP would respond to this. I am seeing the same thing in some that I have recently edited.

1. profile image0
      Queenlushlipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You know, it's just because you viewed your hub, I don't think it necessarily means anything wrong, but its my favorite color, what could go wrong with that? Lol

2. BlossomSB profile image94

So was I. Perhaps they will, soon.

10. PatrickC profile image60
    PatrickCposted 5 years ago

There's no problem. Links that are clicked on will turn to a purple text form indicating that they've been clicked by you before. It will remain this way for your entire internet browsing session or perhaps even longer until you've cleared the cache and cookies.

I wonder how long it takes if one does not 'clear the cache and cookies?' I don't even know what computer cookies are! I can clear up the ones at home quicktime!

2. PatrickC profile image60
      PatrickCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cookies are encrypted information saves like when your browser asks to save a user name and password. Cache is where frequently visited pages are stored. The links become purple and your computer will load a webpage from Cache if there an no changes.

11. Li Galo profile image77
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the question.  I have been wondering this, too.  So glad someone had a logical answer!

12. sweeteeth profile image74
    sweeteethposted 5 years ago

thanks for the question. i too have noticed this and glad some one asked the question and thanks for the answer too

Closed to reply

working