Can you find out which hubs are generating the click-throughs for Amazon Associa

1. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 5 years ago

Can you find out which hubs are generating the click-throughs for Amazon Associates?

I've just started to see my first clicks appear on my Amazon Associates (US) account. I had a look through the different reports and I couldn't seem to find a way of finding out which Hubs the clicks had come from. Is there a way of find this information out or are the Amazon links on my Hubs too basic to track the link's location?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I don't think so unless you have a separtate tracking ID for each article you write.

3. brianrock profile image87
    brianrockposted 5 years ago

Sadly, no.

This always bugged me a bit about Amazon's reporting. It would be very easy for them to track a referrer for each click and know what URL it came from. I would bet that they do that, for their own purposes (i.e. fraud prevention). But for whatever reason, they don't include them in our reports as affiliates.

If you were to publish on multiple platforms (i.e. here, your own website, Slideshare, etc), then you can create an unlimited number of tracking IDs. This would let you break down the data a little bit. However, I think you can only use one tracking ID with HubPages, so that wouldn't help in this case.

I do find it useful to help keep my traffic sources separate, though, since I drive traffic there both from HubPages and my own blog.

working