What's up with my Ad Sense revenue?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I'm at 18 cents for December and I have 223 hubs. My traffic shows zero in Google (which is weird--where did the 18 cents come from if I have no traffic from anywhere? Where did my December comments come from?}

I suppose it's possible that I'm just not doing very well this month--my partner has been sick and I haven't been able to write much--but I don't think I did this poorly even when I first started at Hub Pages.

Any guesses at what is wrong or advice on what I should do next, if anything?

1. xriotdotbiz profile image57
      xriotdotbizposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get an occasional few pennies from adsense without any impressions too.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

There was a thread earlier about adsense acting weird, could be a related problem? hmm

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. No answers though!

God, Google drives me nuts.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Pam, what are your traffic levels like? Has your Hub traffic slowed down?

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I had my second worst adsense day of the last two months yesterday...... it has made me not want to publish right now! Basically I made about $1 on 3500 impressions.....

So I share your pain completely, something is wrong, they have restricted money flow or something.....

6. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Nell--That's what's weird--my traffic. Google is showing I have NO traffic, none, zippo.

I confess I don't understand the Google very well--it's not my forte at all--but eighteen cents for three days is pretty much the bottom of my barrel.

Ryan, if you have had a bad time, maybe it's just going around. I mean, you usually kick ass.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe you should do what habee did and contact Paul Deeds. He can check and make sure your adsense stuff is correct. Habee's Amazon stuff wasn't, and it was when she started. I don't know how it could have changed, but it did.

1. profile image0

That's a good idea Nelle. I'll give it through the weekend and if I'm still tanking and it all looks weird I'll email him.

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

hmm

now that i checked again, i have 229 impressions today and earned 55 cents.

there does seem to be a bit of a disparity...

1. profile image0

I rechecked and on HP (not Google) I'm showing 495 impressions for yesterday, and .03 cents.

That is a big drop in traffic. This summer I was getting close to 30,000 hits a month, so that's about half. Still, very sad about the crappy money and all. sad

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

how do you check it on HP? i know how to do it per hub but not overall. i didn't realzie there was a difference neutral

1. profile image0

If you click on 'my account' at the top of the page (in the grey box) and scroll down to the bottom of all your hubs, it lists how many impressions you've gotten for one day, 7 days, and 30 days.

When I check my Google Analytics, it says I have no impressions, no traffic/

1. profile image0
            cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

aha

mine says "page views" instead of "impressions", which is why i was confused.

mine says:

1 day   7 days  30 days 
            692     4302    10982

after more study, i realized i didn't have Google Analytics enabled, so i did that just now. i never would have done that if you hadn't posted this post. thanks so much!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
              rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed that these don't ever match exactly, HP and analytics.  I always have more on analytics. has anyone else noticed this?

my organic traffic has increased on some hubs, and has dropped on others or stayed the same. it changes.

8. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

My stats from yesterday are normal with how things have been going for me.

No errors or unusual stats here.

9. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

My organic traffic has dropped right off. Not completely but it's significantly lower. Something in the air maybe. Hope you get sorted pg smile

And I hope (even more) that your OH is getting better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)