jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

I am very confused about tags...

1. helenathegreat profile image86
    helenathegreatposted 9 years ago

I know we've talked about this before, but searching the forums did nothing for me.  I have a bunch of questions about tagging our hubs.

Do adding more tags lower your hubscore?  I usually just try to add everything I can think of, including misspellings, plural AND singular forms of words, and random phrases.  Should I limit my tagging?

Should I include tag phrases that also appear in my hub, or is this just redundant?  For example, if I have a hub about dog breeding (and I have several), and it says the phrase "dog breeding" in the hub several times, should I add that as a tag or not?

I'm just confused as to how much the tagging affects anything, or if it does.  I appreciate any help, as usual.  smile

2. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/The_Value_of_Tagging

This hub helped me with tagging. Seems to answer your questions. Best of luck, Helena!

1. stephhicks68 profile image80
      stephhicks68posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kenny - this is a great Hub about tagging!  I hadn't seen it before.  Very helpful.  I will add to my bookmarks...

3. helenathegreat profile image86
    helenathegreatposted 9 years ago

That's perfect, Kenny.  I knew someone would have a great resource like that.  Thanks!!

4. ohohdon profile image73
    ohohdonposted 9 years ago

If you have selected a key phrase that you have optimized with the plan to rank well in the search engines, be sure to include that phrase as a tag.

5. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84

My pleasure, friends. It's a good idea to become a fan of 'hubpages' in its avatar as a hubber, also. Useful hubs there.

6. jaymz profile image62
    jaymzposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the link. I've been just adding any word or phrases that relates to my hub. Now, I know a better way to go about it.

7. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84

You're welcome. smile
    And there's a lot of hubs there about all the aspects of hubbing.

8. belief713 profile image75
    belief713posted 9 years ago

Thanks for the hub link.

working