jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the most helpful piece of advice for a new writer in the Hub Pages commu

1. Aplethora23 profile image74
    Aplethora23posted 5 years ago

What is the most helpful piece of advice for a new writer in the Hub Pages community to know?

I ask because I am interested in learning about Hub Pages. I am not sure that I even know yet where to go to find the answers to the questions that I have. Maybe some of the more experienced Hub Page writers in the community would be willing to share some knowledge with me on what you think are the most helpful tools to know when starting fresh here.

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

First of all, read the tutorials and take notes you can refer to quickly.There is so much to remember you will overwhelm yourself. But rest assured if you mess up someone will let you know.  Don't be afraid to try. This is a very user friendly site.

Depending on what you are writing about may influence the length of your hub. A research article or fictional story may merit more words than an opinion piece or review. Use as many text capsules as needed to make an attractive looking article.  Too long a run in content without separating some of it will bore your audience. Use your own pictures when possible, but if you must use another, be sure it is public domain and you credit where credit is due. Copyright applies to pictures as well as contents so we don't want to infringe on some else's rights to ownership.

Have fun here.  Make friends and comment on their hubs. They'll return the favor. Don't expect to get rich writing Hub Pages right away. Some make a good profit here while others struggle to make anything. It all depends on how much time, effort and talent you have to put into it. My main reason to be here is for the exposure and the friendly feedback. Practice helps with any craft and Hub Pages is a great platform to practice your writing. If you are an expert at anything, all the better, you'll do well here. Welcome to Hub Pages.

1. Aplethora23 profile image74
      Aplethora23posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you DIana Lee. I really appreciate your fast answer and your honest feedback. smile

3. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

-If you're here for money/traffic, no amount of interacting with other hubbers, commenting or posting will get you that. The only way to get money is to write hubs and do it on topics that will bring you Google or Social traffic.
    -Your title is 75% of what's important on your page. Your title needs to exactly describe what your content is about so Google knows what traffic to send to you.

1. Taleb80 profile image82
      Taleb80posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your advises are always great.

working