jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is it required to submit, my published hub's url, at Google Webmaster's tools? I

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

Is it required to submit, my published hub's url, at Google Webmaster's tools? If so, how to do it?

2. Ceres Schwarz profile image28
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

I don't think it's really necessary to do that if Google is indexing your hubs anyway and you can see it in search results. To find out if your hubs are being indexed by Google, just type this in the Google search bar - "site:subdomain.hubpages.com" where subdomain is your HubPages username.

But if you want to submit your hub URL to webmaster tools for indexing, you can do this by using the "fetch as Google" in webmaster tools. After your hub URL is successfully fetched by Google, you also have the option of submitting it to be indexed by Google although the text there says it doesn't necessarily mean that just because you submit it that Google will index it.

In webmaster tools, you can also see your index status, which shows the number of total URLs that Google has indexed. However, you might find that the number there might not coincide with the number of hubs you have published, at least that was the way it was for me. I asked about it in the forums and I searched around too. From what I found and saw in my own webmaster tools account, it might just take time for webmaster tools to update its data because I just recently saw the number of indexed URLs increase though it's not yet the right number but that might be because I continue to publish hubs often. Hope this helped.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ceres Schwarz, for answering the question and it did help. Although, all my hubs are indexed by Google, I read it somewhere here that we must promote our hubs this way too. That's why I was curious to know. Thanks!

2. Ceres Schwarz profile image28
      Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Where did you read about that? What I've been hearing about promotions is that you can use social networking sites like Twitter and FaceBook and even sites like Pinterest, etc.

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56

I read about this in one of the answers in Q-A section sometime back. But your answer seems convincing to me. Thanks!

4. WalterPoon profile image81
      WalterPoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

ChitrangadaSharan, you promote your hubs in Google+, not Google Webmaster's tools. I've written a hub on "How to get more traffic with Google Plus". Hope it helps.

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56

Thanks WalterPoon!
      I would definitely read your hub regarding getting more traffic from Google+.

working