How come my hub from days ago has not been indexed by Google?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (23 posts)
  1. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 11 years ago

This hub has already generated a few organic links and tweets but it's no where to be found on Google. Was it not indexed?

http://thunderkeys.hubpages.com/hub/Def … hip-Series

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One of my recent hubs took a whole week to be indexed by google. Usually, my hubs are indexed within hours, but this particular one took forever. I don't know why, but all is fine with it now.

ThunderKeysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering Polly C I really appreciate it.

As for my Hub, I guess I'll wait a few more days.

2. Dale Hyde profile image82
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can go to Google Webmaster Tools and submit your hub to be indexed as soon as you publish it. If you have an account, simply click on your HubPages domain in Webmaster Tools, then click on Diagnostics and then on "Fetch with Googlebot." Once fetched, you will see on the right of the page the option to submit to index...click that and you will get a pop up guiding you and one click and it is submitted.

1. profile image0
        Lizam1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  Appreciate that.

1. profile image0
          Lizam1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

ooops went to webmaster tools but they are asking complicated questions.  I have a blog and google account on there but they say I need to veryify hub pages.  Am I allowed to do this?  Sorry for bothering you - seems though that you know more about this than I do.

1. Dale Hyde profile image82

Hello Lizam. You do need to verify hub pages in Webmaster tools. You should be able to submit the information needed from your account with no problems. I do believe I was guided through it myself, but I can not remember the exact method and/or steps, but I do remember, I simply input the information that was asked. If you have problems with a specific request and do not know what the input is, I may be able to help, however.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just watched a recent Google video about SEO mistakes and best practices, and that was listed as one of the mistakes people are making, (by not using Googlebot). It was listed under time consuming workarounds. New and updated content can be indexed within 24 hours by submitting URLs. I think it's very helpful to use Webmaster Tools and subscribe to their blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmRg3p7 … embedded#!

Are you saying that using the GoogleBot fetch is a mistake? It is an option of submitting a url to indexing.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, what she says on the video is that it is a mistake not to use it when you have new or updated content. If you watch the video, she explains 5 common mistakes made regarding SEO and 6 good ideas to implement.

Well I did watch the video, but did not listen to it, rebekah, due to constraints with me turning up the volume at the moment. smile I guess I just misunderstood you and such. I have been using GoogleBot for some time and am very impressed with the results.  Sorry for my misunderstanding there. smile

3. PegCole17 profile image94
        PegCole17posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This was probably the most helpful and easy to understand assist with the Google Webmaster tool. I followed your direction (a little wandering around to find the diagnostics button) and found that I have 500 remaining thingys. I submitted the fetch (for the homepage only). Is it necessary to submit each of my hubs one at a time now?

Thanks so very much for your wonderful explanation. FINALLY the light went on. I am not at all technically oriented as you may have already guessed smile.

Peg

I submit after publishing every hub. I do know that Google normally picks up material on HP rather quickly, but I do like mine out there even quicker. Also, like the hub I have on hurricane season, well that one is updated periodically and will be updated even more as the storms start brewing, so with each update I make a trip and have the page re-indexed again using GoogleBot.

The 500 options to submit do renew. I have used five or six and went back a few days later and it is back up to 500 again. I have not ran out yet! smile

If your hubs are already in Google and no updates, no need to submit them via the tool, however, if you have some not showing up, by all means submit them. I would make it a practice to submit after each publish, that way you have no worries about it being indexed.

Glad to be of assistance. smile

Where do you put the Webmaster Central verification code on your hubpages account?

Do you just place it on your profile page or is there a place for it on the account page?

This method is what I did.

click on the "alternate method" tab
              select "Use your Google Analytics account"
              click verify
              follow the directions

2. PegCole17 profile image94
            PegCole17posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks again for a very helpful answer, Dale.

You are most welcome, Peg. smile

Yes thank you also Dale. I'm going to try that shortly too.

I do hope it works out for you, ThunderKeys. smile

2. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

Oh please could you explain what all this means - I would love to know more. Thanks.

Google webmaster tools allows you to submit your websites or blogs and manage them.

For example you can add your url to new posts or hubs right away. You can get Google to send a bot to that your site to scan and re-index it.

Just Google "Google Web Master Tools" and sign up. Follow the basic instructions. There are tutorials etc. I just explored it for a few days and got the hang of it. It lets you see back links and keywords etc for your sites.

Hope that helps.

3. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 11 years ago

Where do you put the Webmaster Central verification code on your hubpages account?

Do you just place it on your profile page or is there a place for it on the account page?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)